Sign in to follow this  
davidg121

Custom box for 2007 altima

Hello, i am looking for someone to do a custom box for a 2007 altima, i was just wondering if you had a good way of doing this as i want it pretty much cut flush like it is shown in this picture below. Havent decided on the sub yet, just wanted to find someone who wanted to do this.

Altima013.jpg

With a box like that the bass would be kept in the trunk, I know that sounds dumb, but it's true.

Any opinions on how to do this without removing my trunk haha? The trunks in the altimas are HUGE so i definitely have a lot of space, but a lot of it is where that box is. Any opinions would be great. Also not sure if it would make much of a difference but i removed those 2 6x9s that you see in that picture of that guys car.

Edited by davidg121

x2

That box is acting as a blockade / sealer between the trunk and cabin, so unless you start cutting some of that sheet metal on top...

Just a normal box. lol

Is there a ski pass in the center of the rear seats that goes down?

I would cut out a a rectangle in the above sheet metal, as long as it doesn't effect structural safety (which it shouldn't considering that area is thin sheet metal).

So cut out a rectangle so your making an opening for the bass to enter the cabin, you could then make a fiberglass panel or wood panel wrapped in carpet, pleather, vinyl, etc to go over the cut sheet metal area.

Then you'd have your opening but with a decent beauty panel it'd look stock.

Id rather not do a lot of cutting, still under warranty for a long while. Might just go with "just a normal box" haha. Thanks for the opinions. Glad you talked me out of it.

Id rather not do a lot of cutting, still under warranty for a long while. Might just go with "just a normal box" haha. Thanks for the opinions. Glad you talked me out of it.

I hear ya. You can always have a rear seat down when your not carrying people in the back, and the rest of the time have a bit less output.

But yeah doing a traditional ported enclosure not fitted to seal against the trunk will work fine.

Take some measurements of the trunk area and trunk entrance, figure out your max dimensions for a box you could fit inside, then Andrew can build to that.

Post a build log when you get a chance :)

I hear ya. You can always have a rear seat down when your not carrying people in the back, and the rest of the time have a bit less output.

But yeah doing a traditional ported enclosure not fitted to seal against the trunk will work fine.

Take some measurements of the trunk area and trunk entrance, figure out your max dimensions for a box you could fit inside, then Andrew can build to that.

Post a build log when you get a chance :)

Real quick change, i skimmed through what you had said before. If you look in the original picture, the only thing behind the sub box is the back seat. There is not metal there. The back seats drop down and have a full opening to the trunk. Does that change your mind on any of it?

stefanhinote is correct.

A regular ported box is going to give you the best sound and output without cutting up your rear deck.

Andrew

You can have a box with the sub & port firing into the cabin, through the seats. And take the seats down if you need more bass when you have no passengers in the back.

It will give you less rattles in the trunk. not a bad thing !!!

Good luck !

Ok so regular box is a definite. Andrew what do you think about what notorious said?

Ok so regular box is a definite. Andrew what do you think about what notorious said?

That works well if you leave a small gap (inch or so) between where the seats fold back and the box, that way when the seats are up there's still space for the subwoofer to move without hitting the seats.

But you would want to seal the box and the opening, likely using a wood panel or foam. It's something more of a DIY person would do. You'd likely get better output and less rattle, but it's a lot more work and you would be altering the interior as the previous plan did.

So I believe for you, in your case, a traditional ported enclosure would be best. Andrew knows his stuff, I'd just tell him your max dimensions, what driver(s) you want to use, and let him work his magic.

Forgive me and others who aren't the OP for cluttering the topic Andrew :)

Haha thanks stefan, im sure andrew doesnt mind as i know i do not. After all i am sure andrews goal is to make sure everyone gets the best they can out of his boxes. I havent yet decided what sub yet, But its going to be paired with a saz 1000d.

Once again stefanhinote is correct :)

Sealing the box off to the cabin is going to take some custom panels/expanding foam which could take some time and patience.

It is up to you if you want to undertake that type of build. For starters I would suggest just a normal slot ported box with the sub and port facing the rear of the trunk.

Andrew