Sign in to follow this  
Jordantyler

brake fluid

The Master cylinder reservoir? Where you add the brake fluid? ABS pump? I'm assuming you need to check your brake fluid? Not too shure whereabouts they are on any Chrysler products, but it should be up high and on the drivers side.

For future reference, we have an automotive section if you scroll down the homepage further. Next time you can post a question like this in that section for better visibility and/or more mechanically inclined people to view.

oh im sorry! i didnt know! i found it and my brakes went out last week.. and i think its cuz the brake fuild.. and i looked at it theres two sides of the brake fuild thingy and ones completly empty do u think thats the problem? :Doh:

uhh, ya.

Thats not a good thing.

Have you taken it to a shop ?

Brakes are one thing you dont wanna screw up. Life or death matter...literally

no its on the side of the road and its gonna cost a couple hundred to fix and tow and crap and i dont have the money at the moment and i was told it could be the brake fuild..and its out on one side and half full on the otehr :huh2:

The reason one is low and the other isnt is because the brake system is split in 2.

1 " reservior" per axle.

The reason its like this is if you loose brake in the front or rear you still have one or the other, both arent gone.

You could try putting more brake fluid in. DOT3 and see if you can spot any leaks.

The reason one is low and the other isnt is because the brake system is split in 2.

1 " reservior" per axle.

The reason its like this is if you loose brake in the front or rear you still have one or the other, both arent gone.

You could try putting more brake fluid in. DOT3 and see if you can spot any leaks.

so put more brake fuild in the one that has some in it and leave the one with nothin in it alone??

Yes.

Pump the pedal to get the fluid to go down.

If it leaks you are kinda screwed.

Find someone with AAA, get them to call the tow truck, doesnt cost anything

Also,

You might have an air gap.

just air in the brake lines causing you to have no pressure

yah i filled it up and its so messed up the pedal gets stuck to the floor .. so idk whats wron with it its gettin towed in the morning..

Edited by Jordantyler

Or get good with the handbrake....particularly fun in the snow/ice

haha yes it is fun! and in Big parkinglots

Or in city streets to parallel park on the other side, or for going around corners, or for generally pissing off all cars around you.

If you pedal stuck to the floor adding fluid won't help, you need a master cylinder. However, I am NOT recommending this but if it were me I would drive the car home using the E-brake to stop. It does not use your master cylinder, but beware your stopping distance will be AT LEAST three times as long. I wouldn' t go fast either, just turn on the emergency's and put home..

Good luck

and then get it towed? yah we use the e brake when the brakes went out.. this sucks so bad tho!how much is it to get ur master thingy fixed cuz my dad told me he thinks its that too