turbowrx15

Sundown Skar or Incriminator?

Sundown Skar or Incriminator?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sundown SA-12 Skar VVX12 or Incriminator Lethal injection 12"?

I'm putting 1 12" in a 1.60 cu ft. box precision port tuned to 35hz on an audiopipe 1500.Need help deciding what sub to get.

They are all the same pretty much. lol

But I will say Sundown. :D

I know they are about the same I just can't make up my mind.I was messin with kicker until I heard some real subs 4 21" IA Wardens and another 2 18" Zv2 nothing touches them setups I was in shock after hearing them.so my mind is almost made up Sundown or IA.

They have an edit button for your post BTW. lol

Big difference from most Kicker system and 4 Sundown 18"s. haha

I have heard 4 12" Skars and 4 12" Sundowns in the same box with same power and I personally thought there wasn't much difference. I think the Skar handled the lows a lot better though and that is what I aim for. Depends on the person though. You can't go wrong with either skar or sundown though. Both of which are for more beefy than those Lethal Injections

I have heard 4 12" Skars and 4 12" Sundowns in the same box with same power and I personally thought there wasn't much difference. I think the Skar handled the lows a lot better though and that is what I aim for. Depends on the person though. You can't go wrong with either skar or sundown though. Both of which are for more beefy than those Lethal Injections

Two different woofers require different boxes. No matter how close they may seem.

Two different woofers require different boxes. No matter how close they may seem.

ohhh I know trust me.....I am just saying.... Thats about as good of a comparison you can get besides buying all 3 and testing lol

ohhh I know trust me.....I am just saying.... Thats about as good of a comparison you can get besides buying all 3 and testing lol

Well the Skar "Should" be better lower as it's Fs is lower. But I see know what you mean.

I wish I could buy all 3 and do testing that would be sick.Another ? do you think I would be able to break 140dbs with 1 12"?

I wish I could buy all 3 and do testing that would be sick.Another ? do you think I would be able to break 140dbs with 1 12"?

That's all power, box, vehicle dependent.

Well I hit a 139.8 with an old Kicker L7 10" in the same box that the 12 is goin in i just put a new piece of wood on the front of the box.

Well I hit a 139.8 with an old Kicker L7 10" in the same box that the 12 is goin in i just put a new piece of wood on the front of the box.

Oh no, don't do that my man. Build a whole new box for the 12". It's well worth it.

The 12" in the 10" box will probably sound like a 10"

Oh no, don't do that my man. Build a whole new box for the 12". It's well worth it.

^AGREE

Having dealt with all three of those companies and using one of those subs. I would choose IA over the other two. But your box might be to small for the IA.

^AGREE

The box is 1.62 cu.ft. tuned to 35 hz and i was looking at the specs for the sa-12 it requires a 1 to 1.5 cu ft. box for SPL and after sub displacement it will be 1.5

^AGREE

The box is 1.62 cu.ft. tuned to 35 hz and i was looking at the specs for the sa-12 it requires a 1 to 1.5 cu ft. box for SPL and after sub displacement it will be 1.5

It may sound find in the same box but tuning will change due to the difference in sub displacements.

^AGREE

It may sound find in the same box but tuning will change due to the difference in sub displacements.

I have another box just sitting in my room waiting to put something in it's 3.49 cu ft. 1 6" precision port is goin in itim going to eventually probably put 2 SA-12s in it. but i wanna do one 12" in that smaller box for right now until I can get another amp.

When it says SPL, it's talking about ALOT of power, high tuning, one note wonders. For music, the box has to be much different.

I'd do a 2-2.5 cube box with 40-50^2 port. Around 33-36Hz tuning. That's just a rough idea of what "I" would do.

When it says SPL, it's talking about ALOT of power, high tuning, one note wonders. For music, the box has to be much different.

I'd do a 2-2.5 cube box with 40-50^2 port. Around 33-36Hz tuning. That's just a rough idea of what "I" would do.

thanks I will keep that in mind when I build a new box

I'm looking at IA as well.... I wanna go for a 15" possibly.... Getting a crescendo bc2000 for a very good price...don't want to do lower than 2ohm load though...