ive been into car audio for three years mostly kicker but i decided to upgrade i have a rd1750.1 and a sundown nightshade v1 d1 15 i am new to hi end car audio so can someone tell me what voltage my output should be to have my gain set correctly at 2 ohms which is 840 watts and at point five which is 2225 watts please would appreciate the help dont wanna clip my new set up

Voltage=sqrt(RMS x impedance of speaker(s))

Why do you need those exact numbers?

Voltage=sqrt(RMS x impedance of speaker(s))

Why do you need those exact numbers?

right now i have it ran at two ohms at 840 watts but i have the electrical to run the amp at .5 and the rms at .5 is 2225

.5 is a huge draw. What's your electrical?

.5 is a huge draw. What's your electrical?

new conceptz 0 gauge throughout big three 300 amp ho alt kinetik 3400 up front and 1800 in back my amp has the same board yours does

Noice. But really i would advise setting your gains by ear. Turn it up 'till your sub(s) start to show signs of too much stress (weird sounds/bottoming out/smoking/smelling/etc.) or your electrical is dropping too low. Then back off a little and you should be good! Keep an eye on everything for a while to make sure nothing is going wrong.

Noice. But really i would advise setting your gains by ear. Turn it up 'till your sub(s) start to show signs of too much stress (weird sounds/bottoming out/smoking/smelling/etc.) or your electrical is dropping too low. Then back off a little and you should be good! Keep an eye on everything for a while to make sure nothing is going wrong.

hey thanks for the help i decided to go with a box design of 32 hrz sub up ports back 2 6 inch aero ports do u think that would suit my nightshade well in the back of an 97 chevy blazer just thought i would ask

i decided to use a 3.5 cubic foot sub up ports back (2 6 inch aeroports) tuned to 32 hrz box for my nightshade do u think that would sound good in a 97 chevy blazer thanks for the advice on tuning the gain im going to do that in the morning

I'm not the one to ask about boxes. I leave that to the pros :) hope someone can chime in on that more.

If you need a design check this guy out.

Good stuff right there. There are a lot of box builders around. Give someone a shout out and they can set you in the right directions.

3.5 seems a little small for a 15, I'd try for a tad more air space.

Your doing sub up port back?