tereinke89

2 10' DCon's or 1 15' ICon

Lookin for accuarate tight bass. Which is better in your opinion?

Two tens. Twice the motor control over one 15.

doesn't matter, it's in your box.

???

he means they can both be very good, it just depends how good your box is.. If your box isnt good- both setups will suck. But if the box is good they will both sound great :P

he means they can both be very good, it just depends how good your box is.. If your box isnt good- both setups will suck. But if the box is good they will both sound great :P

If only Quentin knew anything about boxes... :P

I posted thinking he was comparing dcon vs dcon however,

If both enclosures are "ideal" with "ideal" power then basic phisics apply. The 15 has the same bl(motor force) as the 10. The 15 has more mms (physical moving mass plus the driver's airload) than the 10. It's easier on the identical motor to push and pull with more control the lighter mass of the 10, making the sound a little more snappier.

Will they both sound good, sure. It is however a technical fact.

Thanks guys... Just tryin to figure out what Im gonna put in my G6. Not big into crazy loud bass.... just something thats tight with good sq, and still able to HIT HARD! when needed that is

One final question... I know the Dcon 10's are rated at 300 w/rms. But with most things I have seen from this specific brand, I am convinced it is somewhat underated in terms of Actual Rms (safely) What would be a good steady load to send to these two?

P.s. Thanks guys for all your input. I remember why SSA was always my preferred choice

DCON's are an excellent woofer, especially at their price point, I don't see you needing to put more than 600 watts to a pair.

Duran is right, there is not real advantage to send them much more then ratted.

id go with the 10s

The dcons are an efficient driver, so 300W RMS per driver would be plenty, especially if you have two of them.