Sign in to follow this  
Tenminutestolate

RE SE or SX?

Howdy.. I'm gonna be gettng a new system in a few months, after I save up the money, (had a single alpine type R, sold it to get some cold cathodes, currently got 8 under my seat and dash), and I want to go with RE. My wallets liking the SE, But part of me wants to get the SX's. My question is, Will there be a noticable differance between the SE's and the SX's? I will be running 2 12's in a ported box. It'll be in an Explorer, And If you guys got any ideas of another sub which will be loud and sound decent, i'll be open to whatever you guys suggest. Budget will be about 150-250 a sub, Depends on how nice of a job I have and how much I have saved up for it.

It will be going in an explorer by the way.

Howdy.. I'm gonna be gettng a new system in a few months, after I save up the money, (had a single alpine type R, sold it to get some cold cathodes, currently got 8 under my seat and dash), and I want to go with RE.  My wallets liking the SE, But part of me wants to get the SX's.  My question is, Will there be a noticable differance between the SE's and the SX's? I will be running 2 12's in a ported box.  It'll be in an Explorer, And If you guys got any ideas of another sub which will be loud and sound decent, i'll be open to whatever you guys suggest.  Budget will be about 150-250 a sub, Depends on how nice of a job I have and how much I have saved up for it.

It will be going in an explorer by the way.

Hello,

I have nothing against RE but I don't have any personal exp with them. I have an SS rlp and it's sweet but it doesn't put out and like abuse like my IDmax. I think 2 nice twelves like you're looking at I think should be fine. Personally I'd rather have one nice sub than two cheaper but less quality (this saves you space and often sounds better). I heard a single XXX 12 hit 140 on legal mic this summer.

Good 12's in my opinion, Sound splinter RLP, Image Dynamics IDmax, Diamond Audio D6, Adire (all of their stuff is good just pick a price point), Crystal makes killer stuff.

PS you do know what RE's sale is going on starting dec 6th right? if not let me know and I can direct you.

later,

b

well the RL-p do fall in the price range, and it is a nice mix of the SX and SE, because of its very nice SQ levels (in the right box of course) and it can have some serious output for a non-SPL driver,

I have tested mine in my explorer and my single 12 RL-p with 1200+ watts running to it in a ported 2.0 cube 27hz box sounded very nice with some roof shaking output

not to mention SoundSplinter has excellent service

Thanks for the help guys. I have at least 3 months before i'll be buying, So I'll probably be doing some flip floping around, but I'm going to want to be able to hit at least 140..

are you going to try to compete? (the SE can get loud but it is not usually loud on the SPL meter)

I wanted to do a few comp's here and there. I don't want to go into serious competions, but I'd like to do a few here and there.

If I was to get a single XXX, Do ya all think I'd be able to give it adequet power and still keep my bill under $7-800? I've been thinking about this the past few days, and It seems that I'm more or less leaning towards one sub, instead of two. I like the way a single sub sounds better then 2 +.

if you want a single sub and stay under a budget and you are set on RE, go with the SX, and get one off the group buy this month, you could push it really well with an Orion 1200D from HCCAfan

hey. first post here. i have (2)10" SE's running off a RE12.1. they are in separate 1.5cf boxes tuned to about 35hz and sound sweet and get loud as hell. the se and xxx are geared toward more sq, whereas the sx is more for spl. if you are willing to sacrafice some sq then i'd defineately go with the sx's. if you want to compete but have good sq, then id go with the xxx's. i've heard that the xxx's like 1500watts+. my se's are probably seeing around 650. good luck.

hey. first post here. i have (2)10" SE's running off a RE12.1. they are in separate 1.5cf boxes tuned to about 35hz and sound sweet and get loud as hell. the se and xxx are geared toward more sq, whereas the sx is more for spl. if you are willing to sacrafice some sq then i'd defineately go with the sx's. if you want to compete but have good sq, then id go with the xxx's. i've heard that the xxx's like 1500watts+. my se's are probably seeing around 650. good luck.

:WELCOME:

It looks like I'll be going with a single SX 12 or 15 for the time being. To short of a notice for the group buy, and tuition is coming up, and now I have to worry about that ( I was going to take off the winter semester, save some money, and get a new system, but found out my wisdom teeth will be needing to come out soon, And i'll be kicked off my parents insurance in march, So it looks like my system's getting kicked in the nuts, hard, untill i can get a new job).

I Was leaning towards the XXX, but I guess when the new one comes out its going be upwards of $700??? I would love a XXX, but I'm not going to have an extra 700 for one. Anyone think a SX in the right box would hit low 140's? I'm setting my current goal for low 140's. Thanks for the help so far guys.

with the right box and enough power i think maybe. but for daily that sub should only see 1500 watts max, imo, for burps no more then 2500. just be careful if you burp with that much (or have plenty of recones :D )

oh..the sq prob wont be that great with 1500 on it for daily

Edited by amatt85

look at IA LI's also