Sign in to follow this  
tysonm

Wiring Question

I am wiring up a 2011 mazda 3 wiring harness, and I have a wire harness that came with my Pioneer 3200bt and then I have the wire harness that is for my mazda 3, all of the colors matchup, except I am confused by a few things.

1. I have a ground with a metal "C" looking end on the 3200bt wire harness then on my mazda 3 wire harness I have a black wire on it as well that is ground too, what do I need to do with both grounds? I will be using a 12V relay if this helps at all, but still not sure how to hook both grounds up

2. On the 3200bt wire harness I have a wire that says "Reverse Gear Signal Input" but I don't have a purple wire on the mazda harness that goes to it, is this for a backup camera that I would connect to this wire and are all backup camera's universal so they would connect to this?

3. On the 3200bt wire harness I have a blue wire with a white stripe down it that says "System Remote Control, but I don't have a cable on the mazda harness that goes to it, the two blue wires I have on the mazda harness are "Power Ant" and "Turn On"

4. Then the last thing is, I have a is on the 3200bt harness that is yellow with a black stripe that says "Mute" but no wire for it on the mazda harness

If anyone can help me with these, that'd be awesome!!

Edited by Crash

I am wiring up a 2011 mazda 3 wiring harness, and I have a wire harness that came with my Pioneer 3200bt and then I have the wire harness that is for my mazda 3, all of the colors matchup, except I am confused by a few things.

1. I have a ground with a metal "C" looking end on the 3200bt wire harness then on my mazda 3 wire harness I have a black wire on it as well that is ground too, what do I need to do with both grounds? I will be using a 12V relay if this helps at all, but still not sure how to hook both grounds up

2. On the 3200bt wire harness I have a wire that says "Reverse Gear Signal Input" but I don't have a purple wire on the mazda harness that goes to it, is this for a backup camera that I would connect to this wire and are all backup camera's universal so they would connect to this?

3. On the 3200bt wire harness I have a blue wire with a white stripe down it that says "System Remote Control, but I don't have a cable on the mazda harness that goes to it, the two blue wires I have on the mazda harness are "Power Ant" and "Turn On"

4. Then the last thing is, I have a is on the 3200bt harness that is yellow with a black stripe that says "Mute" but no wire for it on the mazda harness

If anyone can help me with these, that'd be awesome!!

1. Just wire them together by removing the metal ring and stripping the insulation.

2. You don't need that wire.

3. The blue w/ stripe is for your amps. Only reason car would need it is to turn on stock amps.

4. Then you don't need it.

Really nice unit! Bassaholic covered your questions. Here is a vid of the relay bypass how to if you need it:

I watched that video last night, but I didn't get a couple of things on it. He has two black wires that he plugs into the top pin and the left side pin, do I just put two black wires into one female connector and plug them into the top pin and then the other black end that is sticking out into the left side pin? The other question is, on the right side pin he plugs in a blue wire, which wire is this??

Also, for the amp on the component speakers, does anyone have any pictures for the steps you need to take to hook up the front component speakers to an aftermarket amp? and what tools will I need, I've never done this before and want to learn how.

Edited by Crash

I watched that video last night, but I didn't get a couple of things on it. He has two black wires that he plugs into the top pin and the left side pin, do I just put two black wires into one female connector and plug them into the top pin and then the other black end that is sticking out into the left side pin? The other question is, on the right side pin he plugs in a blue wire, which wire is this??

If you look on the bottom of your relay were the pins are you will see #'s. Here is the break-down by #

Pin 85 gets the wire from headunit that sends remote turn on for amp usually a blue wire

Pin 30 gets the wire that will go to your headunit park brake signal- the green wire

Pin 86 goes to pin 87

Pin 87 is connected to ground of vehicle

Also, for the amp on the component speakers, does anyone have any pictures for the steps you need to take to hook up the front component speakers to an aftermarket amp? and what tools will I need, I've never done this before and want to learn how.

Here is an easy picture for the basics and this will be done for each side (left and right)

wirecomponentspeakersam.jpg

Hope this helps.

sefugi thanks for the pic that will help me out tons!

So if my speakers are in the front doors and the only place where I think the crossovers will fit that is unseen, would be under the passenger seat, is the best way to run my wiring from the speaker through the front of the door (towards the hood) and through the rubber casing (im assuming it will put the wires somewhere under the glove compartment) and then run it under the carpet or door seal then under the passenger seat?

sefugi thanks for the pic that will help me out tons!

So if my speakers are in the front doors and the only place where I think the crossovers will fit that is unseen, would be under the passenger seat, is the best way to run my wiring from the speaker through the front of the door (towards the hood) and through the rubber casing (im assuming it will put the wires somewhere under the glove compartment) and then run it under the carpet or door seal then under the passenger seat?

Yes that would be fine for under the seat, but you can usually fit them under the dash or behind the kick panels, then the double wiring (tweet/mid) has a shorter distance to run. To me it helps keep it a little cleaner and managable.

Did you get the relay figuired out?

I haven't had time to play with the relay yet, but tonight or tomorrow I will hopefully have my head unit installed haha so I'll let you know!

Then I will hook up my door speakers with the stock wiring until my 16gauge wire gets here which should be sometime next week which I will then have to play around with the crossovers. I would put them in the door but I'm not sure if I have the space to fit them behind the door panel.

Edited by Crash

I got my relay all hooked up and I was thinking about that video on Post #3, The guy hooks up one ground to the top pin and then has another ground spliced to it which he hooks to the left side pin (=2 grounds), so could I hook up the ground from the 3200bt to the top pin and the ground from the mazda harness to the left side pin??

I haven't had time to play with the relay yet, but tonight or tomorrow I will hopefully have my head unit installed haha so I'll let you know!

Then I will hook up my door speakers with the stock wiring until my 16gauge wire gets here which should be sometime next week which I will then have to play around with the crossovers. I would put them in the door but I'm not sure if I have the space to fit them behind the door panel.

I would recommend not putting crossovers in the door or behind the door panel. You do not want the crossovers subjected to moisture.

I got my relay all hooked up and I was thinking about that video on Post #3, The guy hooks up one ground to the top pin and then has another ground spliced to it which he hooks to the left side pin (=2 grounds), so could I hook up the ground from the 3200bt to the top pin and the ground from the mazda harness to the left side pin??

Jump the side pin (#86) to top pin (#87) and pin (#87) is connected to chassis ground. HU ground can be connected to wires that are connected to pin (#87)

I am not good at using programs for drawing so here is a quick diagram I scribbled out.

img4015q.jpg

Sefugi, thanks for the drawing, that is exactly how I have it wired :D so that is good to know!

My problem right now is that I spent the last 4 hours dicking around with the in-dash kit for the mazda 3. I took the stock mounting bracket (not sure if that's the correct name) the medal piece that fits around the stock HU, I took it off and put it on the 3200bt and it fits, but then when I put the in-dash kit on, the in-dash kit is KINDA close maybe .25 or less protruding the top and about 1" protruding at the bottom, so I tried a lot of different thing to try and get it flush with my dash, and nothing seemed to work, but on someones write up they said that they couldn't get there's to work either so they used a mounting bracket off of a 05 mazda 3 I think it was and they cut/bent some of the medal pieces on it and got it to work, so my only idea I can think of is to go to a junk yard and find a 03-09 (i think those are all the same body style) and get one of there mounting brackets :( anyone by chance know of a better way to do it??? I want to be able to fit the stock HU back in when I sell the car, I don't mind modifying the stock one, but don't want to modify it so much that the stock HU won't fit back in.

Edited by Crash

Anyone have or know where I can get the plastic pieces where the stock tweeters go for 2010-11 mazda 3, and a stock HU bracket for a 04-09 mazda 3?

I got the HU figured out and now I just need to know if anyone knows where I can get the two plastic pieces for the tweeter mounts for the 2010-11 mazda 3i sedan? I know I can get them through the dealer but I don't like paying 3x the regular amount.

I've never hooked up component speakers before, if there anything besides 16gauge wire and male/female connectors, that I'll need to install my amp, subs, tweeters, and crossovers?

Also if anyone knows where I can buy "sail panels" for my tweeters please let me know!