Sign in to follow this  
Leon Tan

2 batterys. 1 main 1 for my system.

im planning to upgrade my main car battery but im cluless about the XS power batteries... i want to replace my main car battery, but the battery has to fit in a very tight place. i have a v8 soo its kinda hard to fit a big battery in. tryed it before... FAIL... but im looking into XS batterys. also i have a 1700 rms amp, on all stock eletrical... right now i have a redtop main battery thats it... lights dim when i turn it up half way.. sucks... i also have the big going. but idk alot about batterys. can somone toss me their 2 cents?

You will want to find out what group# your car battery is and thats what will fit. The XS battery (or simillar) claims to be capable of storing and releasing more amprage than a convential battery. As far as the second battery, you will want one thats sealed AGM style battery if you plan on mounting it in the pass compartment or trunk bc a conventional battery releases toxic gas.

If your redtop is a group 34/78, then you can replace it with a D3400. If you want a battery in the back you could use another D3400 or all the way down to a D680 in the back.

right now i have a 35 series redtop (9020-164)

RedTop- Group 35; Cold Crank Amps 720; Crank Amps 910; Reserve Capacity 90; Ampere Hour 44; Top Terminal; L-9 5/16 in.; W-6 3/4 in.; H-7 5/8 in.

what can replace this? for a main car battery. im also getting a 1500 rms watt amp.. so im looking into buying one for my main car battery, and mybe another for the amp to help out my main car battery if it cant keep up with the 1500 watts extra.. any ideas?

D5100R would replace that battery.

so would i need another battery to help out the main battery? with my 1500 watt amp? or will i be ok?