edouble101

Look what DC Power sent me

Okay. That makes sense. Rob made it sound like he made one special for you then sold it.

Also another solid point. They do handle each situation differently. But why can't they do what they did for yours? Seeing as some people have had worse experience? I wasn't bad mouthing them. I was exploiting what they said really. Any I didn't through a fit. If you knew both sides of the story you would understand. But that's okay.

Yeah sorry I took it the wrong way. I was in a rush. I apologize.

Okay. That makes sense. Rob made it sound like he made one special for you then sold it.

Also another solid point. They do handle each situation differently. But why can't they do what they did for yours? Seeing as some people have had worse experience? I wasn't bad mouthing them. I was exploiting what they said really. Any I didn't through a fit. If you knew both sides of the story you would understand. But that's okay.

Bro lemme put it like this.

You and I get a speeding tickets, both for 78 in a 65. You aregued and bitched to the cop cause u were running late and treated him like shit. I was polite and just waited, knowing full well what a PITA this was going to be.

We both fight the ticket. The judge gets a deposition on both of ours. Yours says you acted like a fucking child and never even owned up to speeding, nor did you apologize. Mine says I admitted I was not following my speed, and I am sorry for allowing myself to speed. Now which ticket do you think the judge is more likely to allow to be reduced? Prolly not yours.

Same concept man. Sometimes people get a fucked up deal and get really taken care of. Above and beyond anything they could of expected or even asked for. Other times people get fucked WAY worse, and they are lucky to get an apology. Its life man. Learn to deal with it now, or expect a VERY dissapointing adulthood.

J

You and I get a speeding tickets, both for 78 in a 65. You aregued and bitched to the cop cause u were running late and treated him like shit. I was polite and just waited, knowing full well what a PITA this was going to be.

We both fight the ticket. The judge gets a deposition on both of ours. Yours says you acted like a fucking child and never even owned up to speeding, nor did you apologize. Mine says I admitted I was not following my speed, and I am sorry for allowing myself to speed. Now which ticket do you think the judge is more likely to allow to be reduced? Prolly not yours.

Same concept man. Sometimes people get a fucked up deal and get really taken care of. Above and beyond anything they could of expected or even asked for. Other times people get fucked WAY worse, and they are lucky to get an apology. Its life man. Learn to deal with it now, or expect a VERY dissapointing adulthood.

J

agreed...

We both fight the ticket. The judge gets a deposition on both of ours. Yours says you acted like a pucking child and never even owned up to speeding, nor did you apologize. Mine says I admitted I was not following my speed, and I am sorry for allowing myself to speed. Now which ticket do you think the judge is more likely to allow to be reduced? probably not yours.

J

Yeah, i understand that and that makes total sense. But lets but this in real context.

Yes, i am the second hand owner of this 270xp which was promised by kyle that kyle would still give warrenty to whoever bought it from the first hand owner. Me and the first hand owner had a long talk about this.

Anyways, i finally get this awesome alternator, put it in my car and things are great. My volts are sitting high and i am loving it.

The alternator snaps, which isn't my fault. This also makes it hard to go to work when you don't have an alternator. So i call and leave a voicemail to kyle. No response that day. Call again and leave another voicemail. No response again. Call the day after that, finally talk to kyle. He talks to me about helping me out and is awesome. Plus i am not "acting like a child" because there was not reason to. He tells me to call a month later to get a RMA number because they need to fix the casting.

I call again when the month is exactly up, again no answer. Voicemail. Then i call everyone at DC power, no one answers. Then i call the "general" desk and get this guy named Steve. Now in talking to Steve things are good and i explained i already talked to kyle and that he said he would take care of me and all i needed was an RMA number. Well Steve asks for more information about my car. I told him i was a second hand owner.

That's when he shut me down and told me that i shouldn't even be calling. That the warrenty is void and wouldn't listen to me after that. So i got upset and raised my voice. Trying to explain to this guy Steve that i just need an RMA number and that kyle said i would be good. So at this point i am upset, trying to get to work, and screwed.

So then the next day or so, i "Called out" DC power for "lying" to people or telling people when things were going to be done when they actually weren't. Such was the case with the guy who waited 2 years for a specialized bracket and alternators. Anyways, i am not saying it was the right thing to do but i did it.

Then after that, rob tells me that he won't fix my alternator and that after i had already sent it to him, he was going to send it back to me, broken. So then i called the original owner and the ONLY REASON DC power fixed my alternator is because the Orginal owner told him that i would just send it to him and he would send it back to DC power and go the long way.

So honestly, you can tell me that i was acting like a child. That's okay that you think that. And honestly everyone can think that. But when you are trying to get to work everyday to pay bills and make ends meet, swapping family cars, tell me how you wouldn't be frustrated. I know that you won't understand but honestly.

You don't know both sides of the story, not even a full one side of the story. So please stop acting like I am conducting myself like a child, and please stop trying to put me down and say i am wrong. You can if you want, but at least here i am asking you to stop.

Oh well. I was just upset because of DC power not answering or returning phone calls, giving me a product that isn't supposed to break but ends up snapping, and having to wait for so long. I am happy with the alternator but not with the customer service. That's all.

:shrug:

Tinman I remember reading about what was goin on with you and not bein able to get to work, and I would've done the same thing you did. I don't understand why these guys are bein so...dickish. (Apart from the fact that they don't know the whole story of course.) To reply to your comments however...well sometimes as a company you go out on a limb and say "fuck it, just let him have it if we can keep the customer."

I'm sure Jacob at Sundown has done a lil extra for free, I'm sure Aaron and Mark have done a lil extra for free, and I have no problem with Kyle and Rob doing a lil extra for free. Now of course, this doesn't mean that EVERYBODY should get a free (or discounted n whatnot) alternator, but it does mean that they are willing to take care of their customer.

That's all he was asking pplz. "You got a free one? Aww dude wth?" was the extent of his comment. Seeing as how he and Edouble were both customers with bad experiences he has a right to ask that question whether he's being a douche about it or not. (Not saying that he WAS.)

The only thing I'm going to say about this is Godsmack nailed it on the head.. I didn't *give* anyone anything, it was exactly as Eric stated. That alternator I waited, and waited, and WAITED for our old machine shop to finish ~6 months or so. It wasn't us dicking anyone around, we were getting the dicking around. In a nutshell Eric got what he got because he was cool about the situation when it blew up, wanted the product, and I wanted a happy customer.

As for Austin's alternator, it got fixed ONLY because I'm really not that big of a dick, even though in that case I could have held my ground and not gave 2 shits about it after the treatment my 2 employees got (which is why he got told what he got told).. I could have let that one sit till the end of time before it got fixed, but like I said, I'm just not that big an arseho.. Anyways, I digress..

Moral of the story, there's always 2 sides to every story and if you wanted to be treated good, treat people good, even in a messed up situation..

Now, can we please keep this clean, I dont wanna have to lock this thread...

We both fight the ticket. The judge gets a deposition on both of ours. Yours says you acted like a pucking child and never even owned up to speeding, nor did you apologize. Mine says I admitted I was not following my speed, and I am sorry for allowing myself to speed. Now which ticket do you think the judge is more likely to allow to be reduced? probably not yours.

J

Yeah, i understand that and that makes total sense. But lets but this in real context.

Yes, i am the second hand owner of this 270xp which was promised by kyle that kyle would still give warrenty to whoever bought it from the first hand owner. Me and the first hand owner had a long talk about this.

Anyways, i finally get this awesome alternator, put it in my car and things are great. My volts are sitting high and i am loving it.

The alternator snaps, which isn't my fault. This also makes it hard to go to work when you don't have an alternator. So i call and leave a voicemail to kyle. No response that day. Call again and leave another voicemail. No response again. Call the day after that, finally talk to kyle. He talks to me about helping me out and is awesome. Plus i am not "acting like a child" because there was not reason to. He tells me to call a month later to get a RMA number because they need to fix the casting.

I call again when the month is exactly up, again no answer. Voicemail. Then i call everyone at DC power, no one answers. Then i call the "general" desk and get this guy named Steve. Now in talking to Steve things are good and i explained i already talked to kyle and that he said he would take care of me and all i needed was an RMA number. Well Steve asks for more information about my car. I told him i was a second hand owner.

That's when he shut me down and told me that i shouldn't even be calling. That the warrenty is void and wouldn't listen to me after that. So i got upset and raised my voice. Trying to explain to this guy Steve that i just need an RMA number and that kyle said i would be good. So at this point i am upset, trying to get to work, and screwed.

So then the next day or so, i "Called out" DC power for "lying" to people or telling people when things were going to be done when they actually weren't. Such was the case with the guy who waited 2 years for a specialized bracket and alternators. Anyways, i am not saying it was the right thing to do but i did it.

Then after that, rob tells me that he won't fix my alternator and that after i had already sent it to him, he was going to send it back to me, broken. So then i called the original owner and the ONLY REASON DC power fixed my alternator is because the Orginal owner told him that i would just send it to him and he would send it back to DC power and go the long way.

So honestly, you can tell me that i was acting like a child. That's okay that you think that. And honestly everyone can think that. But when you are trying to get to work everyday to pay bills and make ends meet, swapping family cars, tell me how you wouldn't be frustrated. I know that you won't understand but honestly.

You don't know both sides of the story, not even a full one side of the story. So please stop acting like I am conducting myself like a child, and please stop trying to put me down and say i am wrong. You can if you want, but at least here i am asking you to stop.

Oh well. I was just upset because of DC power not answering or returning phone calls, giving me a product that isn't supposed to break but ends up snapping, and having to wait for so long. I am happy with the alternator but not with the customer service. That's all.

:shrug:

I have both sides of the story...........and here's my feelings.

The CS, yes was not perfect. Shit happens. It still beats the piss out of an Iraggi Alt, you got what you wanted, and its resolved now right? If so then leave it the fuck alone man.

I understand needing you wheels for work to pay the bills and shit like that. Thats why you make an EMERGENCY FUND so when shit like this happens and you need time off work beacuse of this, you can stay afloat until shit turns back around. Piss poor budgeting on your part, does not constitute and emergency on DC Power's part. Or anyone else's for that matter.

Just look at it as a learning experience on money, on patience, and how to do shit. DC already has taken their CS lessons, and they are getting shit right. Be patient.

J

Chris, I can send you a larger pulley if you would like, that should fix it for you. Eric, I have no idea what was going on with your alt, still brand new and nothing was loose inside.. I'll tear it apart and change the reg just to be sure, and I'm also going to clean up the housing and make sure I mod the others when I do your so there isn't any bracket clearance. Then I'll set it up for the idler and get it off back to you in the next couple days.. Rob

Ok send me the larger pulley. I'll send you my address.

Your right. Sorry to bring it back up. Thanks Godsmack.

No hard feelings Rob. That's the last time i will bring up my incident on any forums.

And your right, from what i have seen DC has improved.

I admire your willingness to admit when you're wrong.. How old are you Dark? (no I'm not hitting on you, just curious)... :peepwall:

I admire your willingness to admit when you're wrong.. How old are you Dark? (no I'm not hitting on you, just curious)... :peepwall:

Haha. I am 18. I already get the stereotype for being so young, so it's not help to contribute.

Plus, i don't think or know everything haha. No reason to act like it! :shrug:

And stop hitting on me! Haha just kidding :drink40:

Robbie : Stopping in to let you know that I have not received the alternator yet.

Your right. Sorry to bring it back up. Thanks Godsmack.

No hard feelings Rob. That's the last time i will bring up my incident on any forums.

And your right, from what i have seen DC has improved.

No problem bro. Glad to see the attitude change. You're a good guy, you just gotta think more 'future' than 'here and now'. I know I was very similar at 18, and often still am. Thats why the wifey has veto power on many budget decisions.

I'm sure we will see one another at a meet when I get back in AZ.

J

No problem bro. Glad to see the attitude change. You're a good guy, you just gotta think more 'future' than 'here and now'. I know I was very similar at 18, and often still am. Thats why the wifey has veto power on many budget decisions.

I'm sure we will see one another at a meet when I get back in AZ.

J

Haha, definitely didn't think about the future when i bought the alt, definitely not.

Did you go to TRP's meet?

Sorry OP for semi jacking your thread... :peepwall:

Chris, I can send you a larger pulley if you would like, that should fix it for you. Eric, I have no idea what was going on with your alt, still brand new and nothing was loose inside.. I'll tear it apart and change the reg just to be sure, and I'm also going to clean up the housing and make sure I mod the others when I do your so there isn't any bracket clearance. Then I'll set it up for the idler and get it off back to you in the next couple days.. Rob

Ok send me the larger pulley. I'll send you my address.

Rob, have you gotten my PM? I haven't heard from you or received the pulley.

I reinstalled my 270XP. Voltage at idle is indeed worse but I assume that is expected when going from a 2" pulley to a 2.5". At Idle, under load, voltage falls to 12.7v.

I am still seeing significant voltage drop at engine speeds above 2000rpm. I am nearly 100% positive this is not due to belt slip. With the 2" pulley voltage would bounce around quickly from say 13.5v to 15.2v. Now when the alternator is under load voltage will hold steedy at low 13v. No load 14.5-14.9v.

My batteries rest at 12.7-12.9v. All of my wiring is in 1/0 including big 3. All my connections appear good. I have a D3400 under the hood and a D3400 in the trunk. Wired in parallel, one run of 1/0+ and one run of 1/0- frim front battery to rear battery.

There really is no difference in voltage from my stock 90a unit to the 270XP, under load voltage is 13.0-13.8v.

Based on my amplifier setting I am pulling about 200a max. Why am I seeing voltage drops? I am redoing my setup soon and could see 400a current draw :peepwall:

What are your amps again? What nominal load?

The only amplifier I am using right now is a Crescendo 3kwp @1ohm load, gain set at 45 ac volts.

I plan on using my 3kwp@0.5ohm and I also will be using my Crescendo 1000c4 @8ohm and a JL Audio XD400/4 @4ohm.

I thought I would be ok to run 0.5ohm in the future but my electrical seems to be struggling as is now. This afternoon I am going to be changing some connections. Hopefully I can figure this out.

Any ideas?

I honestly have no clue why you're having voltage issues like that. I had a SAZ-3500D which is pretty much the same amp but a little more power at a half ohm while still maintaining over 14 volts. How does the voltage look when you go to lets say 3k rpm or more? Just for reference.

I honestly have no clue why you're having voltage issues like that. I had a SAZ-3500D which is pretty much the same amp but a little more power at a half ohm while still maintaining over 14 volts. How does the voltage look when you go to lets say 3k rpm or more? Just for reference.

Funny you ask, I wondered the same. I down shifted and rpms were plus 4k and voltage was the same.

I am going to redo some connections this afternoon(not that any connections appear incorrect). I will post pics of what my wiring is after. I have a feeling I need a direct ground from alt to battery. There really isn't anything else it could be imo but I will look.

Thanks Kyle.

Funny you ask, I wondered the same. I down shifted and rpms were plus 4k and voltage was the same.

I am going to redo some connections this afternoon(not that any connections appear incorrect). I will post pics of what my wiring is after. I have a feeling I need a direct ground from alt to battery. There really isn't anything else it could be imo but I will look.

Thanks Kyle.

For what it's worth I have an SAZ4500 on one 270XP with no direct alt to batt ground and I don't drop below 13.9. I have a second alt but don't have the bracket to put it on yet so I'm currently running off of one.

Edited by Tremonic

Good to hear you guys are running 4~5k with no issues. Sound like a have a voltage gremlin that I need to kick out lol.

How many runs of 1/0 and batteries do you guys have?

I have a lot of wire and 5 D3100's total (one under hood and 4 in back) which is overkill for what I have now but it's really for future plans. The fact is, is I never even see batt voltage right now because the alt doesn't let it get that low. I only drop to 13.9 periodically when it's 100 degrees outside. If it's not a really hot day I don't drop below 14.2. These are some seriously strong alts.