B_Schreiber

New guy. Deciding on my new equipment

Hey everyone, I'm Brandon and I've been lurking on your boards. Learning, admiring, drooling. I work in the car audio field, but I'm sick of the brands my store carries. I have general questions, but until I gain a little credibility, I won't bother y'all yet. My daily driver is a 2000 quad cab Dakota. Small system installed just to get me by. Alpine 9855 HU, Alpine Type R doors, 8"L5, XD700/5. New truck=new sound. 2000 Harley F150, extended cab, all stock right now. I'm raising the seat up and debating between the sa-8 and the sa-10 I'm more of a sealed box guy, but always willing to step outside my comfort zone. Thanks in advance for the welcomes and help. I'm sure I'll need both.

P4041943.jpg

Welcome! :eek5wavey:

:WELCOME: Here is your pic! Sharp lookin' truck!

P4041943.jpg

Thank you for fixing the picture.....Where did I go wrong? should I eliminate the img tags and just use the "media" that the site offers?

Welcome neighbor. Love the truck!

Nice truck..ya I got two sa12 in my honda and love them..ya I thought I was a sealed box guy too until I went to the ported side..lol

Welcome to the forum! Maybe the img tag got screwy when typed manually, although thats how i do it too...

Ported def. yields more output, but I also like the sound of sealed enclosures too, sounds tighter. :ughdunno:

Nice truck!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and compliments. I've decided on one SA-10 (for now) and a SAX-1200. Waiting for my seat lift kit to come in the mail so I can design and build the box. Now, I just need my amp and interior speakers figured out. The truck Just got lowered 2" in the rear to level it out, tint on the front 2 doors to match the rest, alarm/remote start installed. The audio is all stock and sounds horrible.

as for the image, I just copied the code from photobucket. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks!!!!

Hey everyone, I'm Brandon and I've been lurking on your boards. Learning, admiring, drooling. I work in the car audio field, but I'm sick of the brands my store carries. I have general questions, but until I gain a little credibility, I won't bother y'all yet. My daily driver is a 2000 quad cab Dakota. Small system installed just to get me by. Alpine 9855 HU, Alpine Type R doors, 8"L5, XD700/5. New truck=new sound. 2000 Harley F150, extended cab, all stock right now. I'm raising the seat up and debating between the sa-8 and the sa-10 I'm more of a sealed box guy, but always willing to step outside my comfort zone. Thanks in advance for the welcomes and help. I'm sure I'll need both.

P4041943.jpg

From what I can tell the difference on what you had and what seems to work is you had caps and it liked small letters.

stupid photobucket tags.....It's the user, I shouldn't blame photobucket.

update, I've decided on 2 SA-8's on the SAX-1200

pulled off the pinstripe and tinted the front 2

P4101959.jpg

I have the same truck lol, personally I like the pin stripe sets apart in some sense.

stupid photobucket tags.....It's the user, I shouldn't blame photobucket.

update, I've decided on 2 SA-8's on the SAX-1200

Got 2 SA8's on a SAE-1200 and love it. Great ouput for 8's, they are little beasts!

:WELCOME: