metheman

Hey im new I need help With FI BTL

I have money to order a Sub finally. I always seen videos of people fi btls breaking every part of their car. My friend has a JL audio w7 2x 12". Im looking to go bigger and better.

Although upon purchasing a FI BTL , there are so many types and ' add-ons +$'. I dont know what to get

I want 1x Fi Btl 15" in a 2002 Ford Taurus SES. Anyhelp? What amp? Anything?

Go to the tech information on Fi's website. It will explain all the options. As for an amp, go with the recommended power.

Let me ask you this. Is your car's electrical stock? stock starting battery? stock alternator?

Depending on the amp you choose, your going to need additional batteries and or an upgraded alternator, which is costly.

I know theres a used saz1500d in the F/S section on here, I believe for 250shipped. This and say a xs power 3100 battery would do the trick.

So basically give us a budget for your amp, and any additional electrical upgrades. Can't skimp on the electrical, so may be better off going with less power and a bl for your budget.

Or a btl now and upgrade amps and electrical down the road.

aww man sounds good. A new upgraded alternator and battery? Im not good with alternators so which is a good one for a 2002 ford taurus ses. I will stick to BTL. as far as the saz1500d amp. It only is 1500 watts and from what i understand the btl is 2,000. Why would i skimp my sub 500 watts?

I appreciate the battery advice.

What about alternator and better (2,000 watt) amp?

Check out the DC Power Engineering forums here on SSA. They made me a 320 amp alternator for my 2004 Stratus. They make the best alternators that I have ever seen.

aww man sounds good. A new upgraded alternator and battery? Im not good with alternators so which is a good one for a 2002 ford taurus ses. I will stick to BTL. as far as the saz1500d amp. It only is 1500 watts and from what i understand the btl is 2,000. Why would i skimp my sub 500 watts?

Your not skimping, that "500watts" likely won't be audible, and even so, its just a rating, doesn't mean it needs 2000watts to get loud.

And as above suggested, DC Power makes some killer alternators :drink40:

I would not buy a new alternator. Buy your btl and a 1500 watts rms amp (the used Saz 1500 looks like a very good deal). Do the big 3, and let it play. You will need to check your voltage to see if electrical upgrades are needed.

Get the btl fully loaded if you have the cash. It will leave you "room" to upgrade your amp later.

Your not skimping, that "500watts" likely won't be audible, and even so, its just a rating, doesn't mean it needs 2000watts to get loud.

^This, my 18 btl is run off 1500w, everybody who has ever sat in my yukon says it is the loudest system they have ever heard (even sub owners with 4kwatts + lol). Make sure you follow Fi Audio specs on the enclosure and tuning. Stefan is right on point :drink40: , adding a second battery is needed, do the "Big 3" upgrade under the hood, run some 0 gauge ground wire, and later on if needed, upgrade your Alternator. Defiantly get the "cooling" option, Daily option, Universal option if you ever plan on re-coning the sub to change its' impedance, and the 
HiXmCoil

Edited by reelfish92

^This, my 18 btl is run off 1500w, everybody who has ever sat in my yukon says it is the loudest system they have ever heard (even sub owners with 4kwatts + lol). Make sure you follow Fi Audio specs on the enclosure and tuning. Stefan is right on point :drink40: , adding a second battery is needed, do the "Big 3" upgrade under the hood, run some 0 gauge ground wire, and later on if needed, upgrade your Alternator. Defiantly get the "cooling" option, Daily option, Universal option if you ever plan on re-coning the sub to change its' impedance, and the 
HiXmCoil

hey bro am doin a setup with 2 12 fi, am new at this and need some help. I was planning on getting 180 amp alt and 1 yellow top with 2 audio q 2200 with both of these amp together the external fuse rating will be 400 amps. Should I get dual batteries? Whats ur advice? Thanks bro ur help is appreciated

HiXmCoil

hey bro am doin a setup with 2 12 fi, am new at this and need some help. I was planning on getting 180 amp alt and 1 yellow top with 2 audio q 2200 with both of these amp together the external fuse rating will be 400 amps. Should I get dual batteries? Whats ur advice? Thanks bro ur help is appreciated

HiXmCoil

You have your own thread, you don't need to ask the same questions in his.