Sign in to follow this  
pitbull239

Escalade rim problem

hey guyz.. i got a big problem, i just put my 26's on my 06 escalade and i have no rubbing at all and good clearance. But my 2 front wheels rub or grind on what it seams like to be the axles when i make left and right turns. its not hitting my fenders or the body of the car, i checked. I have kinda deep dish wheels and it looks like they might be grinding on the back of the face of both rims when i turn. can anybody help or give me advice? if it helps it doesnt do it until i turn about half way left or right

help me please?

The rims are too wide or have too much backspacing.

You will either lose turning radius by limiting the turning angle somehow (not sure how the Escalade front axle + steering is) or you will have to add spacers on all wheels. I can't imagine the life of the bearings with such ridiculously sized rims...

The rims are too wide or have too much backspacing.

You will either lose turning radius by limiting the turning angle somehow (not sure how the Escalade front axle + steering is) or you will have to add spacers on all wheels. I can't imagine the life of the bearings with such ridiculously sized rims...

thankx for responding, what will spacers do for u? or me in this case?

They will make the wheels stick out more, moving them away from what they rub on.

Just out of curiosity, how wide are the rims ? And what backspacing ? Stock specs would be perfect for a comparison.

It sounds like they are hitting the upper or lower control arms. Putting spacers in will help stock 20s will solve the problem.

Check out aftermarket Escalade parts there may be components you can buy designed to solve the issue you have. I personally would not use spacers, just my opinion.