Ktownmazda6

Sundown Audio SAZ-2500D

How risky is it? I searched this forum and the web, and did not find this specific instance of question.

I would be wiring it to 2 ohms (1200rms).

Had I known bass would get this addictive, I would have got a BTL off the bat!! :morepower1:

Fail.

Wow, my bad. I was using mobile version of the forum and it didn't show the title description. So I couldn't see any reference to a driver.

What are the ssds rated for 600watt?

Any way, you can wire the 2500d down to 2ohms, just be easy on the gain, look for signs of stress, feel dustcap / cone for heat, any smell of coil, etc.

And when I say wire down to 2ohms and throw an ssd on it, I mean setting the gain correctly for the scenario, I am NOT saying "yeah the ssd will take 1200watts no problem, do it man!"

It really sounds like you need to switch drivers and move up to a bl or btl.

Wouldn't want to cook the ssd when trying to get a little more output...

thats to much power for the ssd daily since sundown amps are under rated it will probably give you 1500 rms and it wont last long

You probably won't even see 1200 after impedance rise, so go for it. Just be careful of clipping, as with any other sub/amp.

I have 1- 18" ssd and I run a sundown 1200d at 1ohm and I crank it quite often and haven't had a problem or any smell or anything and it still hits as hard as the day I got it.

If i were you id sell that ssd to someone who could give it the right power and move up to a bl or btl, you have the power to do it so why not haha, would have alot better outcome and less strain on the sub

if you know what you listen for, feel for, or look for, you won't have a problem. I have ran 1500 watts to a SSD before daily.

I have also run 1500rms to a fully loaded ssd and had no problems. :eek5wavey:

Wow!! Thats a lot of responses!! Thanks to everyone's response! I do currently ALWAYS check for sounds, smells, and I will feel my dustcap on some hot days just to see that Im not frying eggs back there B-). I am very respectful/take good care of my system as is, and I do not have it in the budget to purchase it, and assume it cant handle it. Thats why I figured I would ask some fellow members, because its not very well published a lot on the web running that combo so I figured Id ask. I have done my tuning with an oscope in the past, and would probably do so witht his one. Although I probably wouldnt touch the gain to be quite honest with you. This is used A LOT daily, like sometimes an hour of straight driving with it cranked all the way, so I am not sure that I will do that. I do like the Idea of owning a BL or BTL, and I have thought to do it someday and sell my ssd, but we shall see B-). This is just some daydreaming for now. I need to get the big 3 done on my mazda first, and maybe upgrade the alt. someday. My alt. seems pretty sucky, but maybe its just me. Maybe someone can chime in, but I am pretty sure is only like an 80 or 120 amp alt. Anywho, I am rambling now, so I will just shut my mouth :suicide-santa:

Thanks everyone!

and if you ever wanna sell that sundown amp shoot me a msg as fast as you can :)

Lol. I do not own one yet, but I was considering it!! I want one sooo bad! I will probably save cash for a while and move up to a btl. My MB Quart Discus is doing pretty well so far. No telling what the true power is, but until I get a better job or money is free, I am stuck with this lol.

Ever considered a refurbed sundown amp from dbr? it would save you some money. you could get a 1200 or 1500 instead and a bl too with the savings maybe? just a thought. good luck with your system man

Just because it's got a rating of X watts at Y ohms and Z volts doesn't mean that's what it's always going to do when you set YOUR gain, and what YOUR electrical consists of. Like stated before, just watch for signs of stress and it can be done.

@Theluker: I have actually, and I will more than likely do that, with time! My next big thing is a head unit.. I am still running on the stock one, and I am ready to move on from it! I just like asking a lot of questions, so I can get an idea of things.

@watts09: For sure man! I am always keeping it in check, esp. now that it is summer time. I reduced the gain on mine for the summer cuz Texas summers are super hot. I would imagine all that heat is not good for it. I have already started clipping on a few songs that I havent played in a while. Idk if that has anything to do with the Texas heat or not, or just because I havent heard them in a while to know.. But I decided to reduce my gain today, as it would never clip on hardly any songs. Maybe its in my head? Pretty sure I heard it clipping for once today though lol.

(I am very paranoid on blowing mine btw) I used to be stupid with my old system, and blew it a year ago or so. I decided to learn some things, and get more in tune with sounds and smells!

Im rambling again. This is what I do after work B-)

Keep an eye on your voltage if you have an 80 amp alt. You should be fine as lOng as you're careful and aware.

PS - I've got a SAZ-2500D and my 15" BTL N2 will get here on Monday (ahhh!!). I come up to Ft. Worth every once in a while so if you want to hear it and get an idea we could work something out. I'm down at A&M.

Keep an eye on your voltage if you have an 80 amp alt. You should be fine as lOng as you're careful and aware.

PS - I've got a SAZ-2500D and my 15" BTL N2 will get here on Monday (ahhh!!). I come up to Ft. Worth every once in a while so if you want to hear it and get an idea we could work something out. I'm down at A&M.

Ohh dude thatd be legit if I could check it out!! Yeah dude I am down for that..

Sorry for the late response. Txt it when your down sometime, we can meet up 817-944-2387