Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Jones

Sub enclosure type

Hello all, I have discovered I am going to have to build a new enclosure for my subwoofer to fit in the current vehicle I drive to work. The car is an early 80's sedan with a large but shallow(height) trunk and I do not really care if I have much space left over. I am pretty good at building things and have no problems making a pretty elaborate box, so my question is: In the trunk of a car like this what is the best enclosure to build without walling off the backseat? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Mr_Jones

Can't answer without knowing what sub you are using. Also knowing how much power you will be using would be helpful.

Sorry about that I really should have known better heh, I am using a Soundsplinter RL-p 15" subwoofer specs are here: http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp15_subwoofer_information.html

It will be powered by a Sundown Audio SAZ 1500D amp. I can go no more than 15" in height for the enclosure I may be able to fit the sub standing up but most likely it will have to fire up or down.

Would it be best to go with a traditional ported box (built to manufacturer's spec also what win isd comes up with) facing the rear of the trunk or do a horn or something else facing a different way? I like the build on here in the old caddy with the 4th order bandpass although I think i would like to be able to monitor my sub since it seems to have a tendancy to crack the surround.