Leon Tan

problem with my BL

I wired up my BL 15 D2, eveything is wired correctly but the sub barly moves... im powing it with a 1700 watts amp... and i set it right... is the a wiring problem or my amp? or the sub? any opinions? :ughdunno:

well 1st do you have a elec. meter on hand?? if you do check the impedance of the sub get back to us with that number and we can go from there. I am thinkin that their is a problem with the amp tho

i dont have one one me, but im thinkig it might the eletrical... its a 1700 watt amp on a redtop optima battery with a stock alternater... could it be the power to the amp? do i need another battery?

Make sure your filters and gains are set correctly on the amp.

i dont have one one me, but im thinkig it might the eletrical... its a 1700 watt amp on a redtop optima battery with a stock alternater... could it be the power to the amp? do i need another battery?

Is this your first system in this vehicle? Check the RCAs and make sure you have them in the right input on the deck.

i checked my wiring of the sub, and i had a system previously i just left the wires tucked away until i hooked it up... but im not really sure what it is.. the max it moves is like 1/8 of a inch... so right now im lost... could it my head unit?

What kind of amp is it? How do you have it wired? Also as said before what is your gain set at?

the amp is a brutus 1700.1, and wired in 1 ohm parallel.... and my gains are set about 3/4.... im using a stock radio.. oem pre outs installed... but it worked on my last set up

the hifonics amps have a gain knob instead of of a bass boost knob so just crank the gain remote up i forgot to do that to mine and i thought i wired everything wrong but it was just that

i have the new Hifonics Brutus 1700.1 amp, it has both level, and bass boost... it comes with a hfr level control... my sub sounds alot more better now but needs more tweeking.... can someone help with a few tips on the level (gain) ? :ughdunno:

What's the sub level set at on the headunit? turn that up, and adjust your amp settings before you go crazy so you don;t send it a bazillion wattZ

Double check the wires on the sub. Sounds like either it's out of phase or 1 coil isn't working.

I wired up my BL 15 D2, eveything is wired correctly but the sub barly moves... im powing it with a 1700 watts amp... and i set it right... is the a wiring problem or my amp? or the sub? any opinions? :ughdunno:

i have a hifonics bxi 2008d brutus amp on a new bl 15 d2 and i have my gain cranked up to 3/4 on mine also having to use bass boost on amp aswell im not very happy with this amp on this sub it has worked well on others but not on this bad boy so im considering differnt amp. mine hits pretty hard but not enough to flex silverado ext cab 4 cb box tuned 32 hz down fire. im still tweekn h/u and amp trying to get this gain level down and bass boost off amp ive seen several other set ups on youtube with these hifonic amps on these bl 15 some of ya chime in please with some suggestions... thanks...

i have a hifonics bxi 2008d brutus amp on a new bl 15 d2 and i have my gain cranked up to 3/4 on mine also having to use bass boost on amp aswell im not very happy with this amp on this sub it has worked well on others but not on this bad boy so im considering differnt amp. mine hits pretty hard but not enough to flex silverado ext cab 4 cb box tuned 32 hz down fire. im still tweekn h/u and amp trying to get this gain level down and bass boost off amp ive seen several other set ups on youtube with these hifonic amps on these bl 15 some of ya chime in please with some suggestions... thanks...

i have the same probelem... is it just the amp? my gains are set about 3/4 and i have a HFR level conrol... i have to use this to hear the bass... but no flex.... so im thinking is it my amp? or the power for it?

the hfr level control is a remote gain if you have your gains set properly on the amp you can crank it all the way on the remote and it will be fine because it only goes to the level you set it at i also thought mine wasnt working and then i just cranked it and it worked fine

Edited by stevo