zyskatr

Best building materials

Im new to building enclosures and would like to know the correct type/brand of screws and glue that i should be using. Thanks for the help!

I like to use SPAX wood to wood screws. Titebond wood glue. I use number 3 but 1 and 2 work great also. They are found at any Home Depot or Lowes.

Screws are not enough, you'll need clamps too. ;)

ya i bought two huge ones already. ive built one box before and cant see how i wouldve done it without clamps. lol

You can build one without clamps, but the thing is the glue need more pressure which screws just can't provide.

Titebond for sure. I like to use 2" or 2 1/2" deck screws. Don't forget to pre drill your holes.

The screws are there to hold the glue joint while it dries, good glue is important. Any glue designed for wood will work well.

Pre-drill and use 1.625"(1 5/8") long coarse thread drywall screws. And you don't need clamps. I've never used them and have never has any issues whatsoever. Screws can seriously suck a joint tight together, so clamping and screwing is seriously overkill. The only time I clamp is if I'm using brad nails or nothing at all.

As far as glue goes, I personally like to use industrial grade sub-floor adhesive.

Edited by RAM_Designs

titebond and spax FTW :dancing: