Sign in to follow this  
superman814

need a box please

I would like to persuade you to go ported if we can get a few more inches in height. If not I would be happy to do it sealed if you are set on it. Give me a few more details on how you want it to look. For example just a plain box Or do you want suede baffle inlays. Where you want the terminals located ect.

I would like to persuade you to go ported if we can get a few more inches in height. If not I would be happy to do it sealed if you are set on it. Give me a few more details on how you want it to look. For example just a plain box Or do you want suede baffle inlays. Where you want the terminals located ect.

i just sent FI email to see if they can change the high QTS option for sealed set ups, if they still have time i will go ported, id like the outside of the box to match my interior which is gray, i dont need it to look anything fancy..no shows or competitions in her future, just daily use..i can go a few more inches in height not a problem..the terminals i will leave up to you where you think they will best suited..i will be using only 2 amps a mono and a 4 channel, i hope i have given you enough info, if not please let me know and i will do my best, also i know with ported i will need more then just 6 cu ft per sub, they suggest 6-10 per sub, im thinking maybe 8 per sub? thank you

Edited by superman814

Let me know your absolute maximum height and will work up a quote for both ported and sealed also your zip code for a shipping price

Let me know your absolute maximum height and will work up a quote for both ported and sealed also your zip code for a shipping price

Using your maximum diminsions you will have about 4.6 cubic feet net for each sub after sub and bracing. To keep the enclosure under 150 pounds so we can ground ship it the enclosure will need to be built from birch. If not it will cost twice as much to send it via freight

Shipping and handling to Illinois will be $200. Actual shipping is around $170 The remaining amount will go toward proper packaging to make sure it is not damaged during shipping.

The enclosure will cost $400 to build for a total of $600

sorry for the delay in my reply, i was waiting for FI to tell me if it was too late to change the option, they just got back to me yesterday...ok so i will go with ported, for height i can go up to 24''

It will be a little smaller than recommended but will be louder than ported. I can do ported for 430. Going that large it will have to be sent via freight. That's not a problem but will cost a little more for shipping

Sorry I meant it would be louder than sealed

ok, so how much is the total fr the box and shipping for the box at 24'' height? that is if i even need to go that high

You will be in the neighborhood of 800 give or take 50 bucks. I will have to wait till Monday to get a better quote for shipping