Lschevy

I have a problem

When i was out riding today bumpin, i have my volume 1/4 the way up and my subs stop playing. Last time i had this problem the power wire came out of the amplifier but not this time, all the connections was still in tact and the amp was still on. I thought it was the fuses but if a fuse was blown the amp power light will not be on.....what you guys think? i praying the subs are not blown because the volume wasnt all the way up

Do you know what the impedence (DCR) is of your suboofer system? Suchas:.you.might have two dual 2 ohm subwoofers wired for 0.5 ohm. If so the impedence (DCR) of your subwoofer system is 0.5 ohms. Set you DVM to ohms and disconnect the speaker wires at your subwoofer amplifier. But one lead from your DVM on the positive speaker wire and your other lead on the negative speaker wire. The display on your DVM should be around 0.3-0.7 (if your impendence is suppose to be 0.5 ohm, just an example) If no measurement then possibly your speaker wires are disconnected at your speakers.

I hope I explained this good enough!

Edited by edouble101

What does your system consist of, I mean Im trying to get a picture of what we are working with.Like what amp are you using?

I don't have a dvm

IMAG0018.jpg

This is what I have

That is a DVM. Turn the dial to 20 ohms. It should read around 1 ohm at the speaker wires (disconnected from the amp).

what would the dvm read if the coils was bad or sub is blown? when i get off im going to take out the subs