SoundSplinter

Holiday Specials

Edit: Thanks to everyone who has participated or shown interest in these deals - if you keep an active eye out, I'm sure there will be another "garage sale" in due time :domoslay:

Happy Holidays & New Year!!

I hope the culmination of O-5 has brought smiles, laughter, boozin' and bass to all! Things 'round these parts have been great, December has been my second busiest month on record! Yea yea, so how can YOU cash in too? Heh, well I'll tell ya! I have this here back room in my casa (more like an old closet) filled with some refurb'd drivers, cosmetic variances, and old school models that I no longer sell on the website.. I figure now's as good a time as any to unload some of these beasts at heavily discounted rates for the good folk here at SSA.

So check back to this thread often, as I will be editing this first post at random will over the next few weeks, whenever I feel like offering up a new deal! First come, first served - and only for members of SSA! All products will come with a 1 year warranty against defects in craftsmanship (warranty does NOT cover customer negligence which includes but is not limited to burnt coils, torn surrounds, & cracked baskets). Regardless of whether or not each deal sells, all offers will expire on January 15th until the next time I feel like havin' a good ol' virtual garage sale :ghost:

Only a few days left to catch these steals - Don't hesitate!

Give me your money and I will give you a sexy hunk o' metal, ceramic, and rubber!... toast.gif

• SPECIAL OFFER 0010
    BRAND NEW RL-p12 Dual 2 Ohm
    special0010-rlp12.jpg
    - Never sold / never used / Brand New!
    - Over 24mm Xmax; 400-1000 watt optimal power range (500 wrms); Full Specs
    - Tested to be fully functional and meet all new driver specifications, except:
    - Cosmetic scratches on the sides of the aluminum cone (click for close-up picture)
    - Optimal Sealed Enclosure: ~ 1.35 cu ft gross internal volume
    - Optimal Vented Enclosure: 1.5 - 2.0 cu ft net internal volume, tuned between 22 - 34 Hz
    - Price: $199 + shipping ($40 / 17% savings just for a couple small scratches - I must be crazy!) :domoslay:
  • SPECIAL OFFER 0020
    BRAND NEW RL-i12 Dual 4 Ohm
    special0020-rli12profileboot.jpg
    Picture of driver face
    Picture of backside with no boot
    Profile shot with no boot
    - Never sold / never used / Brand New! (comes with magnet boot)
    - Over 19mm Xmax; 200-400 watt optimal power range (300 wrms); Full Specs
    - Tested to be fully functional and meet all new driver specifications
    - Optimal Sealed Enclosure: ~ 1.25 cu ft gross internal volume
    - Vented Enclosure: 1 - 3 cu ft, tuned between 22 - 32 Hz
    - RARE 1st generation driver! Versatile, low distortion, with beautiful discontinued matte finish
    - Price: $144 + shipping ($30 less than our RL-i 10" production driver!) :runlaugh:
  • SOLD
    USED RL-p12 Dual 4 Ohm
    special0060-sidemain.jpg
    Top View (arrow points to very small scratch on side of cone apx 3mm long and 1mm wide)
    Back Side (showing some dirt that if you are so inclined, can be cleaned off)
    - Sent out for testing purposes, saw 5 days of use and works great! Full Specs
    - 2" peak to peak linear excursion; 500-900 watt optimal power range (500wrms)
    - Optimal Sealed Enclosure: 1 - 1.25 cu ft net volume
    - Vented Applications: 1.5 - 2.0 cu ft net volume (tuned 28-34 Hz in car / 20 - 25 Hz in home)
    - Price: $157 + shipping (Over 34% savings off the new price!)
  • SOLD
    RECONED RL-i10 Dual 4 Ohm
    special0030-sidetop.jpg
    Picture of Driver Face
    Picture of Driver Profile
    Picture of Back of Driver
    - Reconed driver with brand new voicecoil + softparts
    - Offering 20 mm Xmax, 200-400 watt optimal power range (300 wrms); Full Specs
    - Featuring a non-logo'd black annodized spun aluminum cone
    - Meets all New Driver specifications except:
    - Base of the T-yolk (back side of driver) has some minor blemishes/scratches
    - Optimal Sealed Enclosure: 0.65 cu ft
    - Vented Enclosure: 0.85 cu ft net volume, tuned between 22 - 28 Hz
    - Price: $133 + shipping ($40 / 23% savings over a brand new unit)
  • SOLD
    BRAND NEW RL-s12 Single 4 Ohm
    special0040-side.jpg
    - Never Sold / Never Used / Brand New! Full Specs
    - 3" peak to peak linear excursion; 1000 - 2000 watt optimal power range (1200 wrms)
    - Featuring a Variable Density Voicecoil for absolute minimal distortion
    - Excels in sealed enclosures 2 cu ft net volume or greater
    - Price: $399 + shipping ($100 / 20% savings!)
  • SOLD
    BRAND NEW RL-s12 Single 4 Ohm
    special0050-sidetop.jpg
    - Well since that other one went so quickly, here's another!
    - Never Sold / Never Used / Brand New! Full Specs
    - 3" peak to peak linear excursion; 1000 - 2000 watt optimal power range (1200 wrms)
    - Featuring a Variable Density Voicecoil for absolute minimal distortion
    - Excels in sealed enclosures 2 cu ft net volume or greater
    - Price: $399 + shipping ($100 / 20% savings!)
  • SOLD
    BRAND NEW Special Edition 8" Single 6 Ohm
    special0070-excursion1.jpg
    Top View
    Closer up on Excursion
    - The newest step-child in the SoundSplinter family, your chance to try it first!
    - T/S param's will not be released until the end of the month - rest assured this is a solid driver thumbup.gif
    - 300-500 watt optimal power handling, single 6ohm coil
    - Very Durable - suitable for sealed, vented, or passive radiator alignments
    - Price: $80 + shipping (I doubt it will ever be this cheap again!)

These deals are available to all SSA members and will be sold on a first come, first served basis (if you have friends who may be interested, tell 'em to join up!). I will not hold any of these specials, the first person to get their payment to me is the winning buyer for a given item. If you are interested, just send me a PM with the Special ID # along with your full shipping address and personal email address before January 15th! You will receive payment information from me shortly thereafter, soon to have a brand spankin' new piece of equipment to massage your ear drums with! biggrin.gif

Any questions?.. by all means lay 'em on me!

Keep an eye out, as I will continue to add new specials at my leisure redeye.gif

Most importantly -- keep it real, good times all around! sun.gif

Edited by SoundSplinter

I would snatch the RL-i 12 right now if I could

mike, if you go to the back of your workshop, underneath the cardboard boxes on the left, i think there is a 'pair' of 8s? very shabby looking but 100% functional? how bout puttin em up?

:woot:

*sweats profusely*

:runlaugh:

Mike,

Consider the Rli-10 sold. Going into my truck! PM Sent

OoOo, sorry ///M5 but I have an interested buyer who contacted me last night about this driver. :blink:

If I don't receive payment by this evening, you're standin' next in line to get a shot at it and I'll fire over a msg with all the details. :ph34r:

New Years Bump for great deals on great stuff!

Oh 60ndown, just you wait! I may still have a few tricks up my sleeve :ghost:

For now, here's a bump for Special 0060: a used RL-p12 D4 for $157

:bananaDance:

My rl-s is finally installed and I love it!!! :domoslay: I cant wait to get some real power to this beast.

Thanks again Mike!!!

haha awesome thread. i might buy another rl-p15 sometime this summer, too bad i dont c any of those listed =(

Well Mr. Swiss, if you keep an active eye out - you might be able to find a special on an RL-p15 pop up between now and then.

^bump^ for the covert release of our newest 8" driver (NOT our redesigned RL-i8 mind you, although similar in capability). Principle differences include:

• Foam surround
  • No copper shorting ring
  • Slightly higher power handling
  • Single 6ohm coil

hey mike can i go over and listen to that 8" thing? ;)

how much throw does that have?

You'd be able to crank out 2" peak to peak if you really push it. Throw-wise, it is similar to the RL-i8 and should make for just under 1.5" peak to peak of linear excursion. I have yet to make up boxes for it - but once I do (likely this coming week), you're more than welcome to come give her a listen.