edouble101

Need Nathan's advice please

I have a DC Power 270XP a D3400 under the hood and a D3400 in the trunk. Batteries in parallel, no relay(one run 1/0 +, one run 1/0 -). All wiring is Stinger HPM 1/0. Wire connections are terminated with copper ring terminals soldered with silver solder and crimped. Fuse holders are screw down type with Kicker 300a anl fuses. I have two engine grounds in 1/0, alternator to battery ground in 1/0, both batteries are grounded in 1/0. Under hood battery grounded to strut tower, rear battery grounded to frame rail.

The only amplifier I am using right now is a Crescendo 3kwp wired at 1ohm gain set approx 45ac volts. I estimate I may see 200a draw now but will be seeing 400a in the future.

I am seeing voltage dips and spikes. Would adding another D3400 in the rear help? Or do another set of 1/0 runs front to rear? I plan on using my 3kwp at 0.5ohm in the future along with two four channel amplifiers. I thought with two D3400s I would have been fine.

Thanks.

Are the dips only when the bass is hitting or just sporadic? Is this at idle or at what RPM range. With the vehicle running what voltage are you seeing at the starting battery and secondary battery?

I would recommend running at least another run of power wire.

Edited by Nathan@XSPower

Voltage dips only when bass lines hit.

There is a possibility that I could have belt slip. I am going to add an idler pulley. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks for responding.