562runner

Help Me Finalize My Decision!

Hello everyone,

I decided that I want to put a 12" Fi Q subwoofer to replace my current setup in my SUV. Here's some info that may help you help me make a decision.

Vehicle: 05 Toyota 4Runner

Music: Rap, Hip-Hop, House/Electro

Current Setup (Since '05):

Alpine CDA-9830

2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P2's pushing 400w RMS total

MTX amp pushing 420w RMS

Custom-made sealed box (Don't know exact measurements, but it takes up half of the trunk)

Based on the vehicle I own and the music I listen to, which one should I get?

For the sub box that I'm going to have someone build (I don't have the space or tools to do it), I want to go sealed, unless you guys can convince me why ported is the way to go. If I go sealed, what options should I add on, and why? What about ported?

What amp should I use with this subwoofer? I was thinking about brands such as Hifonics, Memphis, Phoenix Gold, Rockford Fosgate and Sundown.

Is 4 Gauge good enough for this type of sub?

you stated that you want to get a Q 12, then ask which one you should get? little confused.

Why do you want to upgrade?

The gauge of wire is determined by the amp, not the sub.

My bad, I was about to put down that I wanted a 12 or 15. The sub needs 1000w rms so I wanted to make sure that 4 gauge was good enough

My bad, I was about to put down that I wanted a 12 or 15. The sub needs 1000w rms so I wanted to make sure that 4 gauge was good enough

It's still dependent on the amp. Like if you were running a 2KW amp 0awg would be a necessity. Generally speaking if the amp is rated at 1000W you can get away with 4awg, but it doesn't hurt to use 0awg