Sign in to follow this  
HawkEye

Limited On Space,Need New Sub/Subs.

Hey all.Im wanting to get some new subs and im wondering which way to go.I know this has been asked thousands of time but im wondering should I get a Pair of 12" Xcons or a single 15" Zcon?I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant and the subs would go in my trunk.Im kinda wanting to go with the single 15" Zcon but I want to be as loud as I can get.The zcon would save me some cash but would it be as loud as the xcons?I have a planet audio bb2 2400watt RMS amp right now and I plan on getting a second and strapping them in the very near future.So with this in mind what would you guys recommend?Oh and how many cubic feet should a box for a single 15" zcon be?I seen what the xcon recomends but not the zcon.Thanks guys.

Edited by HawkEye

Goals? Musical preferences? You said you want it to be loud is that it? Just spl? Do you have the electrical to support running all this power?

I knew I forgot to post some important info lol.My goal is to be loud on music and I do plan on entering audio comps.If it sounds good that would just be icing on the cake.I listen to alot of rap and hip hop.Mainly music with alot of bass.I have a 220amp power bastards alternator for my car and im running a second battery in the back.Its just a cheap walmart battery.I do plan on getting xs power or kinetik batts to replace the walmart battery.I also have the big 3 done in 1/0 guage wire.Hope this helps and sorry I forgot to post it in the first post.

Edited by HawkEye

r u prepared to build the enclosure yourself?

And if so, the entire thing inside the trunk, not a drop in?

IF so, give me the dimensions of the inside of the trunk so i have something to go by.

I would have to have some one else build the enclosure as I do not have the tools. I will get the dimensions of my trunk tomorrow and let u know.

Ok here are the deminsions of my trunk.I can go about 17"s tall,37"s wide,and about 36" front to back.The 36"s wide is at the back of the trunk between the fenderwells.its wider upfront where its about 56".Let me know if this helps.