Sign in to follow this  
Derek_K

What to expect

I know I know... This is the 2nd time i've asked this question, but noone seems to read old forums so I figured i'd ask again and see if anyone can help me out.... So has Anyone ever heard the Diamond Audio D3 12's? i'm switching from 3 memphis power reference 12's in a ported box (40 htz) in an extended cab truck to 2 D3 12's in a ported box (34) in a trunk of a grand prix... can anyone give me a heads up as to the loudness difference btw the 2? i'm hoping to get at least just as much sound out of the d3's as the pr's...

i wish i could help but never heard any of them.

But my guess is that the 3 memphis's would be louder, more cone area.

But i'm sure someone will come and say cone area isn't king, there are other variables.

theres no way to tell for sure the difference in how loud something will be.... buy u a single mag 12 :) lol

It's very likely that the new system won't be as loud but all in all it should be loud by its own right. I've heard the D3's and they're great for the money (not retail but ebay). If you really need more than two ported twelves you are always going to think your old system was louder (even it that was 15 systems ago) becuase you'll be losing hearing faster than you buy bigger speakers.

If you want loud you might want to experiment with different box designs asside from sealed or ported. I've been doing that lately and I'll never go with a sealed or ported box again if I have the room for something else (which typically is freaking huge). Check my posts for the Max in the T-line and the pair of 8's in a WO (honestly they sound like a pair of 12's and they're in a open room of 2000sqft.)

later,

b

check my new post for the latest big box

^^^

not to knock on ur post but if ported boxes weren't the sht then how come db drag members use them?

Especially since they have boxes built into there car, its not like they have no room.

Just askin.