Sign in to follow this  
MrBrooks

Does it matter in an SUV?

Does port/woofer aiming really matter that much in an SUV? I'm looking at placing the box in the passenger rear corner with the woofer firing cross cabin and port forward.

Sub and port placement always matters.

What are you trying to achieve?

SPL purposes or daily driver?

Just every day listening. Will be DCON 10 in 1.25ft @ 32Hz. Running off of channels 3&4 of a crescendo 1000c4 gained down to 300w. Not lookin to shatter records or even compete. I just wanna hear the whole song bottom to top.

I think it would be fine in your case. I'm thinking of doing something similar in my Cherokee as I want to be able to use more of my cargo area for fishing gear and tools using the drivers side half instead of the back half near the gate.

I have my DCON 10" in a sub and port forward style box. It's small enough that it can be sub and port up or back.

Best advice would be to test to see what sounds best to you.

Sub up port back all day, I have my port firing up on left side, with port rear on the right side. Only way I will do it, unless I go with a larger set up I may switch port locations.

Yeah my "desired" box loaction and wanting to maximize available cargo area limits my design. Rite now I'm looking at outside measurments of 22.5x18x8.5 with a 4x5section in the lower front corner removed for contoure purposes and a 1x7x12.5 port along the 18"wall. That should yeild ~1.26ft after displacement and ~32hz.

I just want to know its not gonna sound like ass when I get done.