Sign in to follow this  
laddjay

15" LI Reg Cab box help

Hey guys, looking for some help or recommendations on what i should do. I have 2 15" LI's coming and after some quick measuring and figuring out, I have enough space behind the seats for a 5.5 cubic ft box. So my question is should i do a slightly smaller ported box than recommended and add polyfill or should i go with the right size sealed enclosure. I've only ran 12s in sealed boxes, so any and all help is appreciated

iis that 5.5 ft^3 gross. Is so that wont be enough for 2 15's and poly fill wont be a reliable substitute in a ported enclosure. Id go with a sealed box.

That's after displacements. I could move my seats forward some but i would be right around 6 ft^3. I kinda figured that about the polyfill, but wasn't sure... i definitely don't have any qualms about sealed enclosures, just haven't seen any LI's in them, but i'm sure in the right box they'll play lower than anything i'm used to. Thanks for the help

They would play in that sized box, but you may experience them being a bit "peaky" or "punchy", instead of the normal smooth flowing bass sound you would normally get. If you can handle sacrificing a small bit of spl, they will be much happier in a sealed box since you don't really have quite enough box volume to effectively go ported.

They would play in that sized box, but you may experience them being a bit "peaky" or "punchy", instead of the normal smooth flowing bass sound you would normally get. If you can handle sacrificing a small bit of spl, they will be much happier in a sealed box since you don't really have quite enough box volume to effectively go ported.

Yeah, I thought i would be a little on the small side even @ 6ft^3. I definitely don't mind going sealed... and as for spl, stepping up from 2-12s in the trunk of my town car to 2-15s directly behind me with an MRP M-1000 in a regular cab pickup...something tells me i'm not even ready for what my body is gonna be hit with... :lookkickballs:

Yeah, I thought i would be a little on the small side even @ 6ft^3. I definitely don't mind going sealed... and as for spl, stepping up from 2-12s in the trunk of my town car to 2-15s directly behind me with an MRP M-1000 in a regular cab pickup...something tells me i'm not even ready for what my body is gonna be hit with... :lookkickballs:

Yeah, 2 15's sealed with that power in a single cab is going to be a nice back massage.

Kef