Sign in to follow this  
JETSWU87

10" Dcon measurement questions and 10" sub recommendations

Hello all,

Brief run down 1999 Corvette with a custom box i made a few years ago Corvette box Well after 8 years of service my JL 10w3-4(dvc) (original ones) finally is giving out. I was doing some reading on a few forums and came accross the dcon as a great preformer for the money. However with my box im very limited on options.

I need to know the width of the magnet, also if anyone has a picture of maybe the speaker with a measuring tape down so i can see where the basket protrudes. I have an ancient sony xplod amp 360rms @ 4ohms, not looking to build another box just want to drop in another sub and play. According to the instructions i followed on the build of the box it should be in the .74, however i had these subs in an integra before with a JL prowedge box and they hit lows way better then they ever had in my Vette so not sure of the actual air space i have to play with. I've also been shopping another JL since i had such good luck with this one. 10w1v2 looks to have decent specs , but see they're single voice coil with similar specs to what my w3 was. Also with the shallow basket i know it'll fit. I however am totally open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Vinny

In my opinion you should build another box. You will get much more performance out of that DCON with an optimal enclosure

With my space restrictions i have no interest in anything that isnt flush with the floor. I'm not looking for the most out of the setup...considering the sub is literally 3 feet away from my head i dont need much.

If your box Takes up most of the space in the cubby hole by the back bumper you have plenty enough airspace for a dcon. I have done countless installs in vetts, however all the boxes were fiberglassed to utilize as much space in the cubby as possible. A w1 is nowhere near the same playing field as a dcon

I don't doubt it, just looking for measurements before i purchase a 150 dollar paper weight if it doesnt fit.

I just answered your email with all the specs. :)