ChrisAnglin

Box build for two SA-10's 35HZ range.

BOXSPECS.png

This is the specs for the box. The main part is built Im finishing the rest when it can be done. AS it can be done. Whats left is cutting out the holes for the subs, and cutting out the hole for the port to go in. tuning is right at 35HZ with 2 Cubes of port!

THIS IS THE BOX IM USING CURRENTLY...INSIDE THE NEW BOX!!! nice :ehh:

100_4212.jpg

This is funny because the current box at .6 cubes seems WAY louder than my friends (2) MTX 12's in 4th order slotted band-pass. Some kinda of pre-fab looking box that I don think was pre-fabricated.

100_4211.jpg

What is goin on at the base of the ports lol?

is that an inverted sub? 4th order bp with pvc??

Edited by trod2902

What is goin on at the base of the ports lol?

is that an inverted sub? 4th order bp with pvc??

Yes this is in this photo a 6th order.. I had to trry and do this in between cuz I love bass., Its powered by the Crescendo 2K in this pic, And one Shuriken BT-80

That mess of muck around the port is epoxy. it was what I had to seal the ports into the box. They flex even though I have nailed everything down allot, and reduced allot of flex. Is pounds but bottoms out, and chokes the sub im sure.

THIS BOX wont choke the sub, and when its finished it will be tuned to 35HZ and should slap HARD for 2 10's

1004215z.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1004286m.jpg

THIS IS THE PORT...10.5" x 7.5" x 33" and should sound nice and clean.

1004287m.jpg

1004288r.jpg

1004289a.jpg

AND MORE PICS...

1004290xh.jpg

This is the box cut into shape, awaiting a jigsaw.... and sander.

1004291o.jpg

1004292ze.jpg

THIS IS A TERMINAL PLATE JUST BECAUSE

1004294u.jpg

1004295n.jpg

1004296.jpg

1004297ta.jpg

1004298.jpg

1004299d.jpg

So its coming together! THANK YOU FOR LOOKING, and I will have more pics of sealing the box, and bracing the box coming soon.

Terminal plate? Are you going to use that thing? I've never seen anyone run something like that.

Yaaaaaaa its kinda unnecessary but I will use it for guides so my holes a fairly even.

Another day with no JIGSAW OR ROUTER to do any work. AND No money, tho I could sand it but , nahhhh Im gonna sand and paint later.

THIS IS MY MIDS N HIGHS AMP Coustic Power Logic Component Stereo Amplifier. 75 x 2 @ 4ohms / 125 x 1 At 4 ohms

1004300k.jpg

1004301u.jpg

1004302d.jpg

OKAY THE BOX IS IN THE ....BACK SEAT... IT WONT FIT IN THE TRUNK WITH THE LID CLOSED UNLESS I CAN CUT SOME BOX OF THE TOP REAR AND REDO IT.

NO BRACING IN THIS BOX AND IT NEEDS IT, AND ALSO THE PORT IS NOT IN BUT YOU CAN SEE HOW MASSIVE IT IS ITS LIKE A WALL With 2-10's but tuned at 58.89 Hz...!!!

I have the amp running at 1 ohm. so 1000w to each sub or so. LAME ASS VOLTAGE! so im doin less than rated. BUT ITS SOOOO LOUD @ 50 HZ!!!! OMMFG

1004304m.jpg

1004305b.jpg

1004307q.jpg

1004309e.jpg

1004311k.jpg

1004313r.jpg

1004314m.jpg

1004316s.jpg

1004320o.jpg

1004321n.jpg

1004317l.jpg

OKAY THE BOX IS IN THE ....BACK SEAT... IT WONT FIT IN THE TRUNK WITH THE LID CLOSED UNLESS I CAN CUT SOME BOX OF THE TOP REAR AND REDO IT.

NO BRACING IN THIS BOX AND IT NEEDS IT, AND ALSO THE PORT IS NOT IN BUT YOU CAN SEE HOW MASSIVE IT IS ITS LIKE A WALL With 2-10's but tuned at 58.89 Hz...!!!

I have the amp running at 1 ohm. so 1000w to each sub or so. LAME ASS VOLTAGE! so im doin less than rated. BUT ITS SOOOO LOUD @ 50 HZ!!!! OMMFG

1004304m.jpg

1004305b.jpg

1004307q.jpg

1004309e.jpg

1004311k.jpg

1004313r.jpg

1004314m.jpg

1004316s.jpg

1004320o.jpg

1004321n.jpg

1004317l.jpg

You wanted low tuning and you ended up with extremly high tuning...haha

It is not all about port area there are other factors.

12-16 sq inches per cubic foot is a good rule to go by for daily.

Your box is waay to big.

those ten only need 1.5 cu ft max!!! So a nice 3 cube enclosure tuned to 28 - 30 hz with about 14 sq inches of port area would slammmmmm way harder then ur current design. Those subs are just gonna bottom out and not have any extension in the 20 hz range....

20hz feels very good. I have my 15 tuned to 30 hz in a 4.5 cubic foot box with 12 sq inches of port per cube and it extends down to 15 hz and all the way up to 80hz!!! And will do it alllllll dayyy.

Click the "CLICK HERE" in my sig. They will take care of you :).

Edited by PHATBOi

UUUHHH DUURRRRR THATS THE TUNING WITH HE PORT NOT IN THE BOX....UUUHHH DEEERRRRR!!!!!!! DER DA DERRR!!!!! :WTFBubble:

UUUHHH DUURRRRR THATS THE TUNING WITH HE PORT NOT IN THE BOX....UUUHHH DEEERRRRR!!!!!!! DER DA DERRR!!!!! :WTFBubble:

So what is the tuning with the port in the box? Your design is shit... :bull::dancing:

The tuning is 30.1 HZ with the port in the box, Its now braced, and with more screws and epoxy and wood glue, and Port is braced. IT SLAMS NOW HARDER THAN ANYTHING IVE EXPERIENCED, Ill have a video for PROOOOF!!!! tommarow. You guys love to hate!! WOOOW! Im high from having loud bass so. Ill post later!

The tuning is 30.1 HZ with the port in the box, Its now braced, and with more screws and epoxy and wood glue, and Port is braced. IT SLAMS NOW HARDER THAN ANYTHING IVE EXPERIENCED, Ill have a video for PROOOOF!!!! tommarow. You guys love to hate!! WOOOW! Im high from having loud bass so. Ill post later!

NIce good shit. 30 hz is a good place to tune.

I believe you.. You do get high from loud bass, it is crazy. A great feeling!

That.... That made my day! :popcorn:

Ya its moving a BUT load of air, I need ductape for the port to be optimal but its going down tommarow. Im making vids! lol And after im done I'll do This: :bull: to the haters! lol

:bull: smells like Dr. subwoofer :suicide-santa:

That box could have been done so much easier and without being an eye-sore. But if you're happy with it, then good.

This is whats goin on with the box currently!

1004330t.jpg

1004331r.jpg

1004333v.jpg

1004332p.jpg

1004334q.jpg

ADDED BRACING and sealed off port and any /all air-leaks.

1004335v.jpg

1004336.jpg

1004337.jpg

1004338a.jpg

1004339.jpg

1004340b.jpg

1004341x.jpg

Its quite a sexy box. :gift:

1004342i.jpg

And quite sexy subs!

That box could have been done so much easier and without being an eye-sore. But if you're happy with it, then good.

I'm NOT happy HAPPY with it, but this is hopefully proof in my thread that I have builta loud, lows slamming box for my 10's... EVEN though I paid for a design from you for A 4th order, I didnt have the tools or the money to get it built, I did kinda stress money and tools as an issue when I asked for the design, but it turned out so sick! I did NOT wan to try and build it wihtout the right tools. AND I REALLy wanted to build a box that smashes lows and this box does just that. I hope people can see past the fear of excepting a different aproach..that being said Its my 1st box and it could have been better, but this thing hits HARD! I almost cant ask for more from these subs. unless i buy more subs, OR build that 4th order. That would have to be done by a pro box builder, someone who will do it for $150.00 and then ship it to me for cost of shipping! I dont want to look like a deauch but i gotta start somewhere. I'm one of those Bassheads who cant wait. HOWEVER!! FOR THE RECORD THIS BOX SLAMS LOWS!

Edited by gfhnk

sa10oficalspec.png

This is the current and most accurate specs on the box.