jrod1050

What to tune a box for 2 18" AVAs

Im probably going to go with 2 18" avas for my next build. I was thinking about 10 cubes with a 28 hz tune. What do you guys think? Also how much port area do these subs like? Are they able to move a bunch of air? Also I will probably be running 750 rms to each. 1500 total

I am only familiar with the original ones that had the XBL2 motors. If there is a newer or current Avalanche, I know nothing about it.

That size box would be OK, you might try and go a tad larger if you could. That would be enough power in most cases.

Port area has nothing to do with the box size, only the linear displacement of the drivers and power used. Those will move a lot of air, and you might be a little concerned about using a port too small that will start to introduce compression. Nobody will be able to tell you the vent area needed without knowing the linear displacement and power used and then modeling. If they do tell you as a "rule of thumb", they are talking out thier butt...

Rule of thumb 12-16sqin per cuft. Opps did I fart. :P If you want to get all scientific and :bull: you'll either have to pay someone to model up what ^^^ said or pay for and learn to use some sort of modeling software. You can go with some of the free ware out there but there is still a learning curve you've got to go through. Good luck.

Hey are those woofer considered old school yet?

Thanks for the advise honda. I dont think i can go to much bigger than 10 or 11. I have to do some more measuring. Does the tuning sound about right at 28hz for these woofers. Would they perform better sealed? I would think you would need a low tune to get the most out of these guys. And yes its the old AA avalanches withe the XBL2 motors

Lol i probably going to go the rule of thumb. lol 150 sq inches of port sounds good to me