Sign in to follow this  
DylanH

What do you guys think?

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• 6 12's sealed
    • single 18 ported

Either would make you happy I think and they would require similarly sized enclosures, you just need to decide whether you want one really nice monster 18" sub or 2 good lower power 15" subs.It will likely be hard to fit the 18 in another vehicle unless it's an suv if you switch up cars down the road, the 15s are sealed box friendly and a single SA can be squeezed into a much tighter space. Just something to think about if you're the type who changes whips often.

Either would make you happy I think and they would require similarly sized enclosures, you just need to decide whether you want one really nice monster 18" sub or 2 good lower power 15" subs.It will likely be hard to fit the 18 in another vehicle unless it's an suv if you switch up cars down the road, the 15s are sealed box friendly and a single SA can be squeezed into a much tighter space. Just something to think about if you're the type who changes whips often.

Hmm alright. I don't switch unless my vehicle completely craps out lol if I can fix it I do. But another thing is I was thinking I could run 1 18 for awhile then when I get the balls to wall it I can add another 18 and won't have to buy at least a new sub.

I have had quite a few different setups in my day and a 2 15s were by far my favorite. Either way you will do some damage in your ranger :fing34:

I have had quite a few different setups in my day and a 2 15s were by far my favorite. Either way you will do some damage in your ranger :fing34:

Did you have 1 18? lol and do you have any designs or anything I could look at? What was the best sub/port orientation?

So is everyone saying 2 15's lol and 3k on 1 z18?

Be careful- My friend also fried his Z18 on 3k.

I also think that if you watch your gains, 2 SA-15's should be loud on 3k.

'til they break

Did you have 1 18? lol and do you have any designs or anything I could look at? What was the best sub/port orientation?

Yeah I ran a RE SX 18 for a little bit. It was in a 5.5cu.ft. box tuned to 32. The 2 15s were older Memphis subs, well there were new back then. They were the SHPs if I remember correctly(this was back in 02-03ish). I wish I had thought to take pictures back then. I never even thought that I may want to look back at these setups one day. Oh to be young and stupid again. :drink40:

Yeah I ran a RE SX 18 for a little bit. It was in a 5.5cu.ft. box tuned to 32. The 2 15s were older Memphis subs, well there were new back then. They were the SHPs if I remember correctly(this was back in 02-03ish). I wish I had thought to take pictures back then. I never even thought that I may want to look back at these setups one day. Oh to be young and stupid again. :drink40:

Did you ever meter them? and could you do a hairtrick? lol

Na never did, there were not very many opprotunities(shows and stuff) at that time in the sticks of south MS.

Na never did, there were not very many opprotunities(shows and stuff) at that time in the sticks of south MS.

haha alright. So, why do you guys say 2 15's would be louder than the 6 12's just out of curiosity

All the vendors here on SSA have multiple choices when it comes to budget, power etc.

When it comes down to getting low and loud, install will be the biggest variable along with adequate electrical!

All the vendors here on SSA have multiple choices when it comes to budget, power etc.

When it comes down to getting low and loud, install will be the biggest variable along with adequate electrical!

Exactly what he said.