BigPerm

AA Mayhem 18" re-cone to change impedance

Can the Mayhems be re-coned, preferably by Fi, to change the impedance? If so, is there a comparable re-cone available that would maintain the stock Mayhem power handling of 2500 rms? Thanks.

Fi makes the Mayhem, AA is Fi, Fi is AA.

I know, but Fi has an option on their subs that allows you to change the impedance in the future. Do they build their AA Mayhems the same, universal or permanent impedance?

I know, but Fi has an option on their subs that allows you to change the impedance in the future. Do they build their AA Mayhems the same, universal or permanent impedance?

I'm 90% sure they machine the motors to accept D1 and D2 impedance, we'll let Nick chime in.

I'm 90% sure they machine the motors to accept D1 and D2 impedance, we'll let Nick chime in.

Ok, I appreciate it. I already called both numbers for AA and went through their extensions - the voicemails were full, too. I also sent an email. Basically, I just want to change an 18" D2 to a D1 and still have the power handling. I'm not trying to bother anyone or clutter the forum with simple questions.

Ok, I appreciate it. I already called both numbers for AA and went through their extensions - the voicemails were full, too. I also sent an email. Basically, I just want to change an 18" D2 to a D1 and still have the power handling. I'm not trying to bother anyone or clutter the forum with simple questions.

You should be able to do it no problem, the option for Fi was just machining the motor for a D2 coil gap. So if you already have a D2 coil you didn't need the option.

I'm 99% sure also. Should be no problem reconing a D2 motor to a D1 voicecoil.

I actually think this question has been answered in this section before. So take a few minutes and search this section and see if you can find it.

I actually think this question has been answered in this section before.

This. I forget if it was on here or SMD though :trippy:

I actually think this question has been answered in this section before.

This. I forget if it was on here or SMD though :trippy:

Good point, I know I read it somewhere?