In a thread i started earlier i said i was looking to get an icon for my subs, but now that im very close to having the money to have the system put in im starting to lean towards the kicker comp vt for my subs. I was wondering if anybody had any expirence with these subs and if they are worth the money. If i got them i would get 2 twelves and a kicker dx 1000.1 to run them and they will be going behind the back seat of my single cab ford pickup.

ICON's ant CVT's aren't even in the same league...

I would much rather have an SSA product.

i was thinking i want to get either a moped or a monster truck... not sure yet... what do you guys think? im thinking the moped might be better in the mud..

i was thinking i want to get either a moped or a monster truck... not sure yet... what do you guys think? im thinking the moped might be better in the mud..

LOL

yea but i don't know when the icons will be available again and and i don't know if they will fit behind my seat

yea but i don't know when the icons will be available again and and i don't know if they will fit behind my seat

There are better choices than a CVT then, look into the Stereo Integrity BM mkIII, or the Stereo Integrity Mag V, both are highly recommended.

yea i still like the icons but will it fit behind my seat with a box that's built to the right dimensions

another thing about the icons is if they did break or what ever how hard is it to get them replaced

another thing about the icons is if they did break or what ever how hard is it to get them replaced

If you break one, you buy a recone and it's good as new.

yea i still like the icons but will it fit behind my seat with a box that's built to the right dimensions

Easy to figure out. Measure your workable dimensions and see.

I believe SSA does recones

your changing what your saying big time....

you never asked depth ... or about recones..... but now thats your main reasons for picking a throw away sub?

if you will wait sundown is coming out with a shallow mount around 500 watts with a great sound for sure.

you need to go take measurements and see what kind of space you have...

Is it a sealed box or ported?

If you were to ever break/ blow your SSA sub you can just send it back in for a re-cone...

well i don't have the box or any thing yet but i have 12-15 inches of room behind my seat and to tell you the truth i like the icons more and id much rather have them but my big question was just answered so now im thinking 2 icon 10 but what would a good amp be to push these subs good my price limit is 1500 dollars and that's for everything that the system will need but when will they be available again.

What is your idea of everything the system will need? 2 icons will take more than 1/3 of your budget.

I think Dcons or Sundown's new SD-2 series would fit your budget better and still be a better option than those CVTs.

no i have a friend that has an audio store and he said he would do it for me and i can go up a 300 to 400 dollars on the overall price but i will have to wait a little longer

Were you planning on upgrading your electrical too? If not I wouldn't try to push more than 1500W. Even that much is too much for my comfortability. Have you thought of just getting a single 15 on around 1000W? You could get a nice 15 and a nice amp within that budget. Just a thought