Sign in to follow this  
Ohjay

Oklahoma Shakedown 2011

Anyone else plan on attending this event? It's in Durant Oklahoma this weekend. This is supposedly a large show with lots of stuff going on, they will have a MECA competition, hopping contest, lots and lots of classes of show cars/trucks/bicycles, vendors, etc. I'll be there tomorrow (Saturday) and am entering my brother's Caliber in the spl competition. Mainly for shits n giggles and to see how much he gained by switching from a pair of RE SRx 12s to a pair of Skar VVX-12s, adding a DC230a alt and a Kinetik 1400 in back and wiring down from 4 to 1 ohm. Anyone have any suggestions on what we should play in the lanes? I've tried to get him to burp with a tone but he wants to run music. His enclosure is 3 cubes tuned to 35, in the back of a Dodge Caliber with subs and port firing rearward at the hatch.

Give some more info!

Registration starts at 7am Saturday. Alcohol is allowed but you have to bring your own, no glass bottles of course. SPL on Saturday, SQL on Sunday. Meca 2X points.

Here's a flyer: http://www.gonecruisin.com/choctawfly11.jpg

I have spoken with Enrique Marquez about the show, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer as best I can and quickly as possible.

you gonna be there? I'm about 2 hours west, where are you in OK?

I'm about 2 hours North and yes, I will definitely be there. I'm in Seminole.

:doit: You know you want to.

We just made it back to town. We had a pretty good time but the heat was brutal. Went home with a 1st place trophy in AS3(car off). The Caliber did a 140.0 @ 44hz the first run, second run score was 140.2 @ 44hz. The song used for both runs was Trae - I Could Use Somebody from his album The Incredible Truth. Overall gain from swapping out the REs for the Skars and wiring down to 1 ohm was 3.5 db.

Pics in just a bit.