Sign in to follow this  
CBFryman

Exaust Makes A Wold Of Difference

OK so it isnt a NASCAR truck but it feels brand new, has a better pep in its step, runs a lil smoother, takes off a lil easier, feels like its trying to pull in 3rd gear .

Sure it isnt by the seat of your pants faster...but i can feel the extra power.

and is sounds hella good too

Before (it starts out 5ft away form the tail pipe and moves to the interior)

http://media.putfile.com/VOICE00121

and after

(starts with the engine running and cuts, starts up agian and moves to the interior)

http://media.putfile.com/VOICE00256

Even if i had paid the $240 it was well worth the money, i got it installed in less than 2hrs and the biggest PITA was getting the stock exaust off of the hangers with out removeing the hangers (not removing the hangers made putting the new exaust on a breeze).

as far as i can tell there are no leaks but i think the bigger pipe made the rubber flange seal singe a little.

Just like Gibson said the majority of the power increases are felt between 2000 and 4000 RPM.

So far thats all ive gotten for Xmas... we are opening the rest of the presents when my brother and sister in law get here. then all the others tomarrow when all the rest of the family and my GF are here.

thanks, its exactly what i was looking for, low rumble on idle and more throaty up higher. but as long as it wasnt monotone like all the DOHC V6's in cars i would have been happy.

PICS!

Picture093.jpg

Picture091.jpg

What it replaced. 1 3/4" tubing, crunch bends, crappy muffler.

Picture095.jpg

NICE,

I have borla on my truck and remus on my car, both are awesome

Always a fun picture to see that old junky muffler and pipe you pull off.

just changed the oil today, hadnt been changed in over 7 months and 8,000 miles. Was black as night. I went ahead and spring for Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. Its amazing what good, freash fluids can do too. Truck is running even smoother and feel like it has a few more ponies. Maybe im actually sitting at around 150bhp now...lol. The list of 2 do's:

Coolant

Transmission Fluid

Differential Fluid

Vacume Tubes

Spark Plugs

Wires

Coil Pack

Next Perfomance upgrade will either be a custom intake of TB spacer.

just changed the oil today, hadnt been changed in over 7 months and 8,000 miles. Was black as night.

Ouch, need to show the beast more love! The exhaust sounds much better

Not even my dad goes that far between oil changes and he is prob the worst ive seen.

At least with the synthetic you can go a lot longer between oil changes.

My dad goes about once a year and w/e mileage it gets to it gets to.

I use synthetic and change every 3k miles, but I am a nut and if my motor goes it is in the neighborhood of $8-15k depending on what actually dies. For that the oil changes then seem cheap. If you really are only going to do it 2x a year, definetely run synthetic.