Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

whats going on with my amp?

Lately its been real hot here...over 100 several times. I park my Tahoe outside in the heat and usualy only drive it on the weekends. I have an SAZ1500D. After its been sitting for a few days ill hop in there and the bass seems to be all the way up.(As if the gain knob is all the way up). Ill unplug the cable at the knob and nothing changes, I'll go to the back and disconnect it at the amp and it lowers itself back down allowing me to control it again. Real strange to me and it has only started happening since this damn heat has hit. Any idea's? I would like to think its something wrong with the knob/wire but who knows.

Edit: it is a very random thing, it doesn't do this every time so it makes it hard'to track

Edited by smashedz28

remote knobs or cables have gone bad before on any companies make...

Try and get another cable and see if it fixes it, otherwise if u really need it, try and get another knob.

A broken knob/cable is the least of my worries. My concern is the amp. I will change it out when I get sometime, just wondered if anyone else has had this kind'of thing happen.