Sign in to follow this  
adam123

port through the cab

So my parents are not goin to let me put my new fi btl 18 fully loaded in the cab of my truck. i want to know if run the port into the cab if it will have close to the same output. It is a 7.97 ft3 box at 30 hz. I know it wont b as loud but how much will it effect it.

What type of truck do you have ?? are you talking about the enclosure being in the bed and do sort of a cut through ??

dodge ram 1500 quad cab. An the box inthe bed with a cut out for the port to run through.

1. you have a bed cover to protect the enclosure / equipment ??

2. You have acess to the equipment to cut the metal ?? Parents going to let you cut a large hole in the cab / bed ??

3. make sure you can locate the proper accordian boot to go between the cab and bed ...

just a few suggestions here bro ... :drink40:

im in the process of buying a bed cover.

i work on a farm, ha so i got any equipment u can think of.

an ill hav to look into that.

an the way i want to cut it is a 4x23.5 inch rectangle for my port cause theywont let me cut fro the whole box

doesn't really matter what size you cut that hole ... without proper water protectioon, you are wasting your time ...

You might want to measure that ALOT closer ... from the bottom of your lowest point of your cab to the highest point of your cab ... might not be 24 inches tall ( we are talking 2 ft high there bro) ...

My blow thru opening is only 12.5 inches tall ... and a VERY tight fit ... I'm talking tighter than Dick's hatband here ...

And not sure how the port will perform with the 24 inches being the width ...

Would it be advisable to do a 4th order bandpass? Would the BTL have too low of a Qts?

Edited by trod2902

Sign in to follow this