^_^ Gem132

HDC3 15 ??

I know AQ is similar to DD so they may be similar in output, but I've never heard a BTL.

They're not very efficient though Idk if they could compete with a BTL though. Maybe a bl.

Edited by An-i-no

I never had issues with my AQ subs. I had 2 15s in my car for over a year. I thought they sounded just fine as did the people who heard my system.

Sounding "fine" to you does not mean they sound good...

I was just giving my opinion based on my personal experience with the equipment. Which AQ subs have you owned and for how long?

My experience hearing a pair of hdc3 18's on aq 2200d per sub, in a wall tuned to 34hz, they sounded great as far as techno, trance, rap, but throw in anything else and you'll be disappointed, they were loud and decent, but not accurate. definitely a peaky sub imo.

I just heard my friend's DD 9500's and they sounded alot like the HDC3. Kinda skips some notes. Like the bass is more of a head punch than a back masage. They dont like lows. The dd and aq have similar baskets and i think motors as well.

I was just listening to my pair and I would recommend you get a good solid braced box(if you decide to go with these) And Yeah they could do better on low notes....But from my experience they play Good Lows on certain songs...They killed The box I Have now its Flexxing like a mofo Im switching it out Sunday though..Thought this would be a little helpful

DD's Owner is the son of the owner of AQ, Very similar.

They are peaky, they will get "loud", but will they be the most accurate woofer not at all.

You get what you get.