Sign in to follow this  
SpeakerBoy

Orion HCCA 12"

How will an HCCA sound in a sealed box, stuffed liberally? looking for a 30hz peak in a trunk car.

SQ is priority, but with the ability to take your breath away.

Three 12's, and three RF 4000BD's. electrically yada yada...... this is speculative, sifting through, as usual.

SQ is priority? I'm not really an experienced individual, but I've heard alot of experienced individuals speak on the HCCA. SQ isn't something they really give the HCCA credits to. From what I've read, which is a considerable amount, the HCCA is definitely a LOUD priority sub with very, very, very, very little emphasize on SQ

well, i picked it for its ungodly displacement. i know its not the ideal sq sub. nowhere in the same (town, state, country, continent, planet?) realm.

Edit on amps as well. just headroom, and playroom.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

I dunno man, all I'm saying is that if SQ was a priority to me, I wouldn't be looking at HCCA's. But that's probably an irrational decision on my part since my experience with them is solely on paper and not in real life. Just figured I'd let ya know :)

I thought about picking up a pair of their fifteens myself.... i might one day if i can get a good deal. Just to get experience ya kno?

Oh my god what am I smoking. Hhaha I am so sorry SpeakerBoy. Disregard everything i've said. For some reason my eyes read "Orion HCCA" and my brain heard "AQ HDC series". Again, my apologies, I was talking about a completely different subwoofer than you. Goodluck man

Sorry, by SQ i simply mean, not mud. thats all. not mud lol. If it isnt tripping and pissing over the notes im happy. just have no idea how to port it when its a box for three twelves, in a half hex. (two subs 45 degrees or somethin rotated, one straight back)

If you know an efficient way to port it in the trunk, i will say to hell with SQ and only play one-note rap songs to honor my substage. Bass is a strange addiction.....

I have personally owned an orion hcca. A 10.2 to be exact. It can get loud and take stupid abuse for a longgg time! As far as SQ it actually sounds good. It has a very tight bass output but plays high and low freq well. The bad thing is that it weighs a ton and is not too efficient.

:popcorn:

Power will be plentiful (4krms) per sub. would subs back port up be good for loud and low? I simply need stupid loud at a peak of 30hz. hoping for high 40's on music. if not much better.

I have personally owned an orion hcca. A 10.2 to be exact. It can get loud and take stupid abuse for a longgg time! As far as SQ it actually sounds good. It has a very tight bass output but plays high and low freq well. The bad thing is that it weighs a ton and is not too efficient.

^^ what he said lol. i currently have 1 12 hcca in a ported box in my truck and the SQ is actually pretty good. and it gets VERY VERY loud. only downfalls, is that thet are VERY VERY heavy, and the LOVE power. but if u have some friends with some muscles, and the power to support these bad boys, ur in luck my friend lol

Good luck

Power will be plentiful (4krms) per sub. would subs back port up be good for loud and low? I simply need stupid loud at a peak of 30hz. hoping for high 40's on music. if not much better.

Noone can really conclude what you will peak at because it mostly matters on the car/box. You can tune to 20hz but it can be peaking at 55hz. Try out diferent boxes and get it on the termlab so you can know what works best for you.

And subs up port back works well in suv's not sure about cars

If you want to run 4000wrms and three 12s, you are not looking for sound quality.

If you want to run 4000wrms and three 12s, you are not looking for sound quality.

He probably just dosn't want it to sound 'bad' for his ear thats all.

He probably just dosn't want it to sound 'bad' for his ear thats all.

12,000wrms technically, but yes and

yes.

im VERY intrested in this build. i only have 1 hcca and its hella loud. but 3????? :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: i cant wait to see some pics and videos!!! :popcorn:

im VERY intrested in this build. i only have 1 hcca and its hella loud. but 3????? :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: i cant wait to see some pics and videos!!! :popcorn:

I better cover my ass before M5 grills me, and anyone in a ten block radius;

This is just a query, i am constantly shifting in ideas and arrangements. as gas goes up though, this is looking more appropriate than four 15's in an SUV.

Anyone with the formulas on tap, what does three 12's with 4" Peak to peak excursion equal out to in terms of displacement?

Edited by SpeakerBoy

How much do the hcca's cost now. I have never been impressed with them. I bet you could find better woofers for the price. Any reason you have to run 12000wrms? It doesn't seem pratical to run that much power in a sealed application.

How much do the hcca's cost now. I have never been impressed with them. I bet you could find better woofers for the price. Any reason you have to run 12000wrms? It doesn't seem pratical to run that much power in a sealed application.

i guess i'd do subs back port up. no need for double the rms. headroom, and showoff room.

they are like $450 brand new.

:suicide-santa: Horrible thread, no vehicle information was given. Asking about a system for 12,000 watts (so-called watts) and not knowing what your doing or where to start is a disaster. Like we told you before you stop posting for a minute, think before you start making threads like these. This is just gonna be a guessing game thread with no build log whatsoever to speak of.

headroom and showoff room is laughable as a reason to want to run 12,000 watts without given any information on electrical. Honestly how do you plan on supplying this 12,000 watt obsession, please enlighten us. Do you even have the car to run this in? Whats the biggest system you have ever had in a car. Calculating displacement means nothing for picking subs or comparing subs, if you want the formula search the internet since it is on here on many sites.

:suicide-santa: Horrible thread, no vehicle information was given. Asking about a system for 12,000 watts (so-called watts) and not knowing what your doing or where to start is a disaster. Like we told you before you stop posting for a minute, think before you start making threads like these. This is just gonna be a guessing game thread with no build log whatsoever to speak of.

headroom and showoff room is laughable as a reason to want to run 12,000 watts without given any information on electrical. Honestly how do you plan on supplying this 12,000 watt obsession, please enlighten us. Do you even have the car to run this in? Whats the biggest system you have ever had in a car. Calculating displacement means nothing for picking subs or comparing subs, if you want the formula search the internet since it is on here on many sites.

Just asked disp, because i like numbers. i dont know that anything can be made of it.

I vaguely explained a trunked car. for accuracy ill use an s80. all the candidates are roughly that size.