Sign in to follow this  
matj1990

quick question ? about over powering

got my 2 sa-12s in a 5 cube box tuned to 30-31hz using 2 4" aeros

anyway

i just got my crescendo bc2000 and i was playin today had to be pretty close to full tilt although amp clip light never came on

anyway i am very happy with the performance of my amp and subs and box !!

once done after about 10 min or so of playing different songs here and there i felt my dust caps and noticed they were luke warm now i went directly to the ports didnt smell anything

is this normal ? sorry but first system i have ever had that was capable of actualy flexing anything so i had to play with it :P

btw if it helps i was playing some low songs -- white girl -- king kong--i put on ect.ect.

got my 2 sa-12s in a 5 cube box tuned to 30-31hz using 2 4" aeros

anyway

i just got my crescendo bc2000 and i was playin today had to be pretty close to full tilt although amp clip light never came on

anyway i am very happy with the performance of my amp and subs and box !!

once done after about 10 min or so of playing different songs here and there i felt my dust caps and noticed they were luke warm now i went directly to the ports didnt smell anything

is this normal ? sorry but first system i have ever had that was capable of actualy flexing anything so i had to play with it :P

It is normal for them to get warm.

It is normal for them to get warm.

glad to hear how to do no when its to much ?? or do i just go by smell lol as i have yet to smell anything

Listen for stress, and if you smell coil that's a definite sign you're giving them too much. How did you set your gain?

clip lights are retarded and don't even work effectively.

Listen for stress, and if you smell coil that's a definite sign you're giving them too much. How did you set your gain?

set by ear as i dont have an o-scope i do have a multimeter though but i didnt understand the instructions on how to do plus alot of music ranges on sound one song may hit hard but be a lower volume

i have yet to hear them make any unusual noise

Sign in to follow this