evandostert

noob neds help on 03 silverado back wall

evanpics1330.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What should I do with the back wall??? Do I remove the Grey stuff or soundproof under it? What products are indeal for this?

I am going to be installing a single 10" sub in this truck

evanpics732.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by evandostert

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. My general rule of thumb is to reinstall as much of the factory material as possible after treatment.

First of all read through Sound Deadener Showdown

As stated above your goals will ultimitley determine the amount of deadener you need.

I am going to use a few cld tiles on the back wall. Replace the factory stuff add an amp rack and carpet. What do I do with that back rubber vents?? Do I need them?

Edited by evandostert

I am going to use a few cld tiles on the back wall. Replace the factory stuff add an amp rack and carpet. What do I do with that back rubber vents?? Do I need them?

Yes, you need the cab vents.

my vents flap open and closed so loud when the bass is on it sucks!!

You do want to keep the vents. There are a few possibilities. The easiest is to see if you have enough clearance to add some closed cell foam at the contact points. If you're lucky, they'll open and close as they did before, but won't make any noise. The second possibility is building a baffle that will let air pass through and reduce the sound. Going to be more difficult and hard to hide.

You do want to keep the vents. There are a few possibilities. The easiest is to see if you have enough clearance to add some closed cell foam at the contact points. If you're lucky, they'll open and close as they did before, but won't make any noise. The second possibility is building a baffle that will let air pass through and reduce the sound. Going to be more difficult and hard to hide.

Passenger side causes most of the issues. Thats the one to block off.