Julian

Bravox Carbon Fiber 6.5 problem

Alright guys I have a problem, my Bravox component set's left side tweeter isn't working. Before I took the door apart I switched the RCA's from left to right and the tweeter was still inoperable. Whenever I would hit a bump the tweeter would crackle and turn on then turn off. The tweeter was confirmed working On low power when i put the tweeter on the amp and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure what went wrong with the X-over seeing how I JUST installed and it had been sitting in my closet since i bought them and it hasn't been exposed to any moisture what-so-ever. I purchased them new from the SSA store some time ago.

To clarify, actively they work, passive they do not?

I had nearly the same problem with the Atlas's in the van. What happened was between a cold solder joint and being mounted vertically one of the filter coils was jarred loose. All I had to do to repair it was to resolder it back to the board, then to prevent it from happening again I took a hot glue gun and put a good bead of glue around all the components so that it wouldn't happen again. If I were you I'd take the top off the crossover and wiggle all the components a little. If it goes on and off again you know what's up and how to fix it.

Correct the midwoofer works but the tweeter output does not

could be the crossovers...um if you dont want them ill buy em.

Lol the X-overs?

Lol the X-overs?

lol i misread! i hotught you said you hit the x over and it would play lol fail...then maybe a loose solder joint on the tweeter itself?

The tweeter its self, when i put it on the terminal of the amps it played perfectly, I wonder if i can get these warrantied.

Yeah if I hit it then it would play for a bit then stop, now if I do that it doesn't do it anymore.

Yeah if I hit it then it would play for a bit then stop, now if I do that it doesn't do it anymore.

Maybe your wiring is like ripped somewhere?

either inside wiring to the coil, or wiring on a tiny spider, solder point at the terminals, burnt coils; have you been playing them hard; or mix the 6.5 leads with the tweets?

Not at all, the right side works well.

It's a component or a solder joint on the crossover

Alright guys, I re soldered some menacing looking solder joints, first try and i got her to work.

Here are the ones that i personally re soldered are these four

IMG_0475.jpg

maybe this could help out any other people with the same problem.

:gayhaaay1:

Have you taken out the other crossover to do the same thing just to be on the safe side? Good job on the troubleshooting, Im glad when its usually a simple fix.

:-)

Have you taken out the other crossover to do the same thing just to be on the safe side? Good job on the troubleshooting, Im glad when its usually a simple fix.

Not yet, I'm gonna stick to the virtue "If it ain't broken don't fix it" lol, if/when that starts happening i'll go from there.