bluntz617

New Member Help need help choosing Sub?

Hey Guys I'md so exited I will be picking up my IP G37s 6mt on Wednesday and the first mod I want to do is add an amplified sub enclosure to add some bass to the Bose system. I am looking for clean sound with a good amount of kick for a budget while I save up for my full audio system upgrade. I have listed my 2 choices below with links any advice would be great.

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

500W JL Audio Subwoofer + Realm Amplifier Bass Bundle

500W JL Audio 12" WX Sub + Realm A200.2 Amp + Kit + Subwoofer Box

Edited by bluntz617

Hey Guys I'md so exited I will be picking up my IP G37s 6mt on Wednesday and the first mod I want to do is add an amplified sub enclosure to add some bass to the Bose system. I am looking for clean sound with a good amount of kick for a budget while I save up for my full audio system upgrade. I have listed my 2 choices below with links any advice would be great.

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

I wouldn't do either. I'd save a few more dollars first. Nice car BTW!

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

I know what you mean but I've been saving a whole year just saving for this car and I've tested driven a couple to know that the even the premium bose package does not pack a punch at all.. I mean seriously and turning up the base just makes the speakers sound distorted. But anyways I am saving up for a particular setup but its going to take a few months. Mind you the trunk space in the G37 is ridiculously small, cant fit shit in there (Unless your a midget killing hitman)

2 Polk Audio SR104-DVC subs

1 Polk Audio PA1200.1 Amplifier

1 Set of Precision Power PPI 356CS components

1 JL Audio XD600/6 Amplifier

But Until then I need something to hold me off, thats not too expensive because I will be paying for installation too.

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

I know what you mean but I've been saving a whole year just saving for this car and I've tested driven a couple to know that the even the premium bose package does not pack a punch at all.. I mean seriously and turning up the base just makes the speakers sound distorted. But anyways I am saving up for a particular setup but its going to take a few months. Mind you the trunk space in the G37 is ridiculously small, cant fit shit in there (Unless your a midget killing hitman)

But Until then I need something to hold me off, thats not too expensive because I will be paying for installation too.

What is your budget? The stuff your saving for isn't that great either.

:eek5wavey: welcome!

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

Rockford Fosgate R300-10

What is your budget? The stuff your saving for isn't that great either.

1200 before install, any toughts appreciate any feedback. New too the game what Im looking for is really Clean Hard Base, without having to blow a whole lot of cash. I have so many other mods for this car I wil be slaving away for.

:eek5wavey: welcome!

Thanks Mane :thewave:

You can achieve a lot with 1200. I'd do a single ported 10 or 12 on 600-1000 Rms. A good comp set up front and an amp to power them. I wouldn't waste money on rear speakers, especially in a car that small.

Edited by ricksi30

As stated you can find better equipment than what you posted for less. What's the larges box you are able/willing to put in your trunk and what are your goals for the system?

I'd go for a single 10" or 12" driver with a ported enclosure too! With $1,200 you can do a lot. Doesn't mean you have to spend all of that though. Check out Fi, Sundown, or even an SSA driver! They have some of the most BANG for the buck, and not to mention they sound very nice if put in a good enclosure!

P.S. :WELCOME:

As stated you can find better equipment than what you posted for less. What's the larges box you are able/willing to put in your trunk and what are your goals for the system?

This is the Box I plan on getting Zenclosure

Looking for a 10" setup dont really have to much trunk space so I do want to save space. My Goals for the system really is sound quality first but with with wake ya neighbor bass.

Edited by bluntz617