LazyFcuk

FI BL 12 Box Design Help

So after being bassless for months now my FI BL 12 is on its way. I drive a 240sx now so i do not have much trunk room, I need help with a box design that would be optimal for the sub. Thanks for the help in advance.

Trunk Dimensions: Height Sloping from 20" - 17" at the back. Length: 15". Width: 36". Simplicity is key since i do not have access to many tools.

That turns out to be about 4.6 cubes gross, you need to determine how big of a box you can fit through your trunk opening, or can you fold your back seats and fit it there?

btw the BL loves port area, my 12 has 55.5 square inches of port and it is very happy in its home haha. My previous box had only 30 sq inches and now it really sounds amazing with more port.

Edited by trod2902

That turns out to be about 4.6 cubes gross, you need to determine how big of a box you can fit through your trunk opening, or can you fold your back seats and fit it there?

The trunk opening for my car is very large so fitting a box wont be a problem. Also with the cut sheets im not sure if i can fit the 17" length, ill have to do a second measure.

All woofers love port area, there is a minimum amount of port area needed for every ported woofer.

The minimum port area i calculated was 30, and i almost doubled it to great success.

Im going to go off of the cut sheets for my box and pray that it fits. No matter what its going to be tight.