Sign in to follow this  
ChevyBoy95

little vid of the level 5 18

way underpowered it seems, but it needs to be broken in, still stiff.

here ya go. skip to 2 minute for bass, the first bit is me talking and or intro.

new link, the other had info i didnt catch.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

Excellent, man! If you don't mind me asking, how do you have your box secured? I made a plywood "platform" and secured it using the bolts that were already there for the back seat. I'm looking to do another build and I need a better idea for all that extra weight! :P

Nice setup!

Excellent, man! If you don't mind me asking, how do you have your box secured? I made a plywood "platform" and secured it using the bolts that were already there for the back seat. I'm looking to do another build and I need a better idea for all that extra weight! :P

Nice setup!

well the box has 90 angled steel with about 15 screws through a platform under it that has 4x4s for legs and it is held down with the seat bolts in the back, i slammed on the brakes today cause of some jackass and it didnt budge. the weight itself keeps it back there too. all the weight is low, amps are about 8in off the floor, magnet is about 10in off the floor, battery is on the platform 4in from the floor, etc.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

Nice setup!

well the box has 90 angled steel with about 15 screws through a platform under it that has 4x4s for legs and it is held down with the seat bolts in the back, i slammed on the brakes today cause of some jackass and it didnt budge. the weight itself keeps it back there too. all the weight is low, amps are about 8in off the floor, magnet is about 10in off the floor, battery is on the platform 4in from the floor, etc.

Is the platform made out of 2x4s?

Nice setup!

half a sheet of .75in MDF. 4 4x4 feet on each side and a 2x4 across the middle so it touches the arch that goes down the center line of my console. I have stood on it multiple times, and i weight 275lbs and it doesnt flex.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

you going to the USACi show on telephone rd on saturday by chance?

Nice setup!

half a sheet of .75in MDF. 4 4x4 feet on each side and a 2x4 across the middle so it touches the arch that goes down the center line of my console. I have stood on it multiple times, and i weight 275lbs and it doesnt flex.

Hmm, interesting. If you do a build log be sure to post plenty of pics so I can be on the same page! :P

this is the first i have heard of it.

link?

link?

here

link?

here

damn 22 minutes away, i hope i can go. not 100% though.

link?

here

Well good luck, ill be there in my truck

link?

here

Well good luck, ill be there in my truck

if im there ill look for you, i would love to hear what SA8s can do.

here ya go. skip to 2 minute for bass, the first bit is me talking and or intro.

Awesome video throw a 3k at it!!!! :dancing:

Awesome video throw a 3k at it!!!! :dancing:

thats what i will end up doing. probably a scendo 3500 at .5 or i may get it reconed to dual 2 so i can run it a 1. But if i do .5 ill watch the gain. Its awesome though, 2400rms to the sub, and 320rms to my doors and all i have is a stock alt with a kinetik HC800 and the most drop i have seen is down to 12.9v at idle. I dont drop .2v when driving. (gain is still backed down a hair until my DD1 comes.)

your vids look good what brand/model number is it if you don't mind me asking.

your vids look good what brand/model number is it if you don't mind me asking.

of what..? i pretty sure you mean the alt, but...

ill just list everything

Amps

x2 Audioque 1200Ds strapped at 2ohms

x1 Oxygen Audio Spiral F150 all 4 channels at 4 ohms

Speakers

x1 Pair of Kicker KS60.2s

x1 Pair of Soundstream TWS.3 Tweeters

Sub

x1 DC Audio Level 5 18

Batterys

x1 Interstate (stock location)

x1 Kinetik HC800 (back)

Alternator

CS130 Stock 105 amp alt

Mechman 200amp (125idle) will replace it (hell maybe a dual bracket for the stock and H/O later on) I think the case is a AD244 Large Case iirc

Wiring/Install Wires

+50ft of Knu 1/0 (2 pos, 2 negs)

10ft of Knu Karma SS (8ga)

+100ft of generic speaker wire(not super cheap though)

Kicker RCAs

+20ft of Random(Knu and such) 4ga

Edited by ChevyBoy95

Damn it sorry I was asking about your camera. The wife was nagging like always :suicide-santa:

Damn it sorry I was asking about your camera. The wife was nagging like always :suicide-santa:

hah, got you on the other board. I check all the forums im on at the same time (5 tabs) so if you post on this or the other i will see it soon enough.

off to bed though, have class in 6 hours, damn forums keep me up.