I need some info on these things..I've ALWAYS added an after market head unit to all my vehicles in the past. I've always though that is the best way if you want a good system. Well, I have the chance to uby an 08 Cadillac cts. Clean as hell and would be by far the nicest vehicle I've ever owned...but I'm a bass head.

So questions would be.. If a clean sounding, hard hitting system is my goal will the LOC be the wrong purchase? Maybe I have the wrong idea about these things? If an after market setup was available I wouldn't even be typing this but as far as I can tell it doesn't exist. Appreciate anything you guys can add to this, its killing me that not being able to put the system I want in this vehicle will keep me from it.

Yup it will work fine, I used one for 2 years. Aslong as you set everything right your good to go!

You're fine. I've got two friends with brand new civics and they didn't want to touch their HU. They both used LOCs and it sounds as expected.

Hmm. Thanks for the response. Can anyone else add to this?

Been on a stock HU for a while! Tried a line driver and it was nice, looking into one to boost te voltage from my RCA's off my LOC.

Depends on the car. If there is heavy processing on the signal before the leads you'd tap into you will need more than a LOC and something to electronically reconstruct the signal. Some cars also use low level outs in which case you wouldn't need a LOC. As for the Caddy, I have no idea what the hell GM is doing...and that extends to more than audio.

Which factory set up do you have? The CTS has many different options.

I don't have the car. I looked at it and figured out I could afford one so it got me thinking. That particular one had a pop up screen on top of the dash, had ugly brown interior but a nice ride for sure. My dad does finance at a big Chevy dealership so if another one comes thru I may jump on it. If not then the next 2011 v6 Malibu that I find the way I want it I may swoop on. At least with the Malibu I have several options. Dash kits/ alternators have all been created for em. It would probably be a heartbreaker to some putting the system I want into a caddy like that. Who knows just trying to understand something before I get into it. Appreciate the info.

2011 is too new and a waste of money IMO. Get something further depreciated instead of throwing your money away :)

Your the 4th person to tell me that. Something to think about for sure