Sign in to follow this  
RAM_Designs

Quad Sundown SA-8 Box Design

Four SA-8's going in a 'Burban.

Volume: 2.75ft^3

Tuning: 33hz

Dimensions: 48" wide x 12" tall x 17.5" deep

I'm not an expert box builder by any means, but on the angle in the port, you have part of the 90 degree turn 45'd and the other part is still a 90. Is that how every box is? Just thought I'd ask since I saw it lol otherwise looks like a fun build!

love it. in fact i have been thinking about asking for your help on my new box...

I'm not an expert box builder by any means, but on the angle in the port, you have part of the 90 degree turn 45'd and the other part is still a 90. Is that how every box is? Just thought I'd ask since I saw it lol otherwise looks like a fun build!

Was wondering this as well. Love the SA8s, a quad pack?? Nice!!!!!

The 45 piece is just to kill the dead spot on the outside of the turn of the port. The inside corner is also rounded to smooth out the air flow. I could have done a 45 on that inside corner as well, but with the kerfed piece needing to butt into it, it's just easier doing it this way.