srd150

yellow top tripping relay on a ford fusion

Buddy has a 2006 fusion. He put a yellow top in and he said it kept tripping the c/b? Relay says the dealer told him that the battery was too much for his engine electrical. ( I haven't a clue on what Ford does with their junk). Now he has the original battery back and no problems. Any insight? Btw they did say had he had the 6 cylinder he would have been fine.

a battery only gives whats taken... the voltage is the same.. only thing different is amperage.. perhaps there is a short in the cell.

See, that was always my thought. He just picked the YT up last week, new. Put it in, went to start it, and click. There goes the relay. Wouldn't start. So, ill have him take it back and exchange it. Maybe it is a bad Apple. I'll have him check his wiring too. Just in case he's got a short somewhere. Anyone else had this issue?

Dealers are idiots. They will say ANYTHING to sell you their stuff or anything they have for that matter. The only answer here is an issue with the battery or a stray wire somewhere, somehow that was fixed when he replaced the battery, etc . .

Dealers don't want to work on anything that isn't OEM.

Only 2 things can be the problem here as I see it, one would be a defective battery, the other would be improper connection at the battery. The car does not know what kind of battery is in there and will not reject a particular type of battery given it is the appropriate voltage for the application.

Dealers don't want to work on anything that isn't OEM.

Only 2 things can be the problem here as I see it, one would be a defective battery, the other would be improper connection at the battery. The car does not know what kind of battery is in there and will not reject a particular type of battery given it is the appropriate voltage for the application.

im sure he will be glad to hear that. thanks for the help. i told him to take the batt back and exchange it. And, to check for faulty wiring. whether or not he does it, is another story.