SpeakerBoy

building your own headphones

I got these iWave huge over ear headphones for like 5 bucks because they looked super cool and i think i can rebuild them, and as expected they sound like ass and are super quiet; the earcups are big enough to replace the speakers, but what should i look for in a 2"-2.5" speaker that will be playing right up on my dome? It's just something to do, but if it can sound good as well, that would be sweet. I am grabbing a class T 30w amp to power it, no sense in trying to get a ton of sound straight from the ipod itself.

Worth it?

Not worth it...at least with the method you propose.

Well, M5 is there anyway i can recycle these headphones? they look pretty cool; i'd hate to waste them.

Sell them

Lol they sound like ass and were 5 bucks brand new. Not to mention max volume sounds like some cheap buds sitting twenty feet away (meaning super quiet)

Sell them

Lol they sound like ass and were 5 bucks brand new. Not to mention max volume sounds like some cheap buds sitting twenty feet away (meaning super quiet)

You were the one that asked about recycling. You can't polish a turd and if you want a project or something to learn from I would recommend something useful that you can be successful in and not something because you bought them cheap.

well, do they at least sell replacement headphone drivers?

Of course not. Hard to have something propietary and readily available. Pretty much all oe stuff only