orlando144

Why do i peak higher now ?

So i have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe. My enclosure is around 3.9 cubes net at 30hz, i know its mall (mostly port... I had an Fi Q 15" dual 1 on a Soundstream Dtr 1.3400 (3400 rms @ .5 ohm/ 2200 @ 1) and metered 146.7@45hz. I got a second Q and did 148.1 wired at .25 ohm @45hz. I later dropped a BTL 18" dual 2 in the same box and now i meter 145.8 @48hz on 2200 rms. But the 18" sounds extrmely louder than the 2 Q's.. But i would expect it from a lower peak freq.? The Tahoe flexes alot more but wouldnt that make of a lower peak?

Any input on this is apreciated. Thanks

Edited by orlando144

It probably peaks higher, flex is no indication of peak frequency.

So it just has to do with the sub/box?

Yes, different woofers will peak differently in the same enclosure.

3400rms to 1 q?

I never played it too long full tilt. Gains were turned down, just turned them up a little for burping to see what it can do. But it would get pretty hot.

3400rms to 1 q?

I'm sure "Rated Power" was much less than what it was set at....

Thanks for telling me. But why does it sound alot louder but meter less? Even when i played the btl @ 45hz it would outplay the Q's. My ears hurt on most songs i play now, something that only happened when i burped the Q's. and i can feel alot more pressure from the BTL.?

My The Tahoe flexes alot more

You would get better overall results out of your vehicle/system if you could fix this ... :fing34:

More Flex = Pressure Lost ...

The soundstream Dtr actually puts out some good power. Not saying it does "rated power" but my friend's Sundown saz3000 metered 147.0 on 2 Fi BL 12's @45hz and thats more cone area than my single Q' 15" that did 146.7 in the same Tahoe. Is my amp doing good for what it is?

My The Tahoe flexes alot more

You would get better overall results out of your vehicle/system if you could fix this ... :fing34:

More Flex = Pressure Lost ...

Yeah i will try to get some sound deadning. I can actually hear the metal of the roof flexing even while im bumping. Looks cool but anoying :P

Thanks for telling me. But why does it sound alot louder but meter less? Even when i played the btl @ 45hz it would outplay the Q's. My ears hurt on most songs i play now, something that only happened when i burped the Q's. and i can feel alot more pressure from the BTL.?

Because the meter doesn't do anything in the frequency domain. IE, don't EVER relate a meter to output because it is a very simplified way of measuring as it is ONLY looking at your peak frequency and not the whole spectra. What you are "hearing" that is louder ISN'T at the frequency where you meter.

Damm thats a really good explination. Never really thought about it that way. Thanks for the response man. ^^