Upstage Audio

Tang Band Group Buy

Ok well i extended the end date to the middle of Feb. All orders must be in by Feb 15th. I have so far 8 drivers of the 6.5s. Here's the info i posted earlier:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok well here's the thread. Its for Tang Band 6.5 and 8in subwoofers. Must have a total minimum of 20 or more of any driver sold in the group buy. if 20 or more aren't bought, these prices will not apply but i can still get you them. Sorry the 5.25s are out of stock until April or so. If interested in plate amps please PM me and we will see about pricing on it. 100% of the order can either be paid at time of signing up or by the 15th of Feb. Here are the prices.

(6 or more)TANG BAND W6-1139SG 6-1/2" SUBWOOFER-$31.00 plus actual shipping(3.52lbs)

(4 or more)TANG BAND W8-740C 8" SUBWOOFER -$44.50 plus actual shipping(10.5lbs)

(4 or more)TANG BAND W8-1363SA 8" SUBWOOFER -Neo magnet version- 48$ plus actual shipping(5.88lbs)

Shipping is through Fedex directly and rates can be calculated through their website, "from" zip is 28027.

I'm signed up for 2 so, 18 to go!

I can get power plate amps. I believe if i can get 8 or more amps sold, the price would be around 40$ for a DAYTON SA70 70W SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER (70rms@40hm) plus shipping(5.75lbs). The dayton SA100 100W would be 70$ plus shipping(8.5lbs) if 4 or more are bought.

if interested PM me your name, email address, and shipping info and i'll be sending out emails for when your payment is due and where to send it to.

Edited by Upstage Audio

TB 8's, i know they where in the Great 8 challenged but i dont feel like looking it up on SIN (CSO) so how do they compare as a drop in for the OLD RE8's?

i may be in for 4

also, how would 2 of them sound in a wicked one with 100w for HT :)

never used a RE8 cause i heard too many people saying they bottom out easily. The TB 8 is just the like Adire 8 i had. Looks the same and sounded pretty much the same too. I haven't spent as much time with these as the 6.5 but I did like them. I think the 8's would be a very good replacement and may be better if the stories of the RE8 bottoming out are true.

RE 8's bottom out because they are efficent and LOUD little bastards.

:)

If they had a bottomless design they would be 11,000 times better, they new ones may, i dont know.

never used a RE8 cause i heard too many people saying they bottom out easily.  The TB 8 is just the like Adire 8 i had.  Looks the same and sounded pretty much the same too.  I haven't spent as much time with these as the 6.5 but I did like them.  I think the 8's would be a very good replacement and may be better if the stories of the RE8 bottoming out are true.

Like the Koda 8? Man, mine were nowhere near as nice as the Kodas. Nowhere near the price either! :P

The RE8s don't need much power, so if you must use more or desire more displacement potential, the TB8s are a great buy. Not as efficient as the RE8s, and a little less dynamic on the lower end IMO, but they are worth every penny you have them listed at. The look great, despite their rather spartan appearance, which I happen to be a big fan of, and will work in rather smallish enclosures.

Kudos for the good deals!

I'm down for 4 of the 6's contact me.

Sweet deal thanks for working on it!

b

never used a RE8 cause i heard too many people saying they bottom out easily.

can you keep a running total in the first post of the topic so people can see if you are close to the minimum needed?

im wondering if 1 of these in liek 1cuft would be able to keep up with the kick drums and bass guitars with 4 Alpine Type S 5x7's....

i could possiby be in for 1

Has anyone used the 6.5"s? I think they might be the only thing to fit under the rear seat of my truck. I looked at raising the seat, but then no-one could sit there and since I use it for hauling da boat and carrying 3/4 people around I don't know if I can do that.

My other option is to stuff an Rli10 in the glovebox, but that sounds like much more work.

Has anyone used the 6.5"s?  I think they might be the only thing to fit under the rear seat of my truck.  I looked at raising the seat, but then no-one could sit there and since I use it for hauling da boat and carrying 3/4 people around I don't know if I can do that.

My other option is to stuff an Rli10 in the glovebox, but that sounds like much more work.

but it would be very cool :bigok:

And what I will probably do, but had to ask anyway

i thnk there is a total of 10 on board right no and they're all 6s. no 8s. I'm in for 2 so that will bring the total to 12. 8 more to go on it. i'll be collecting the money in Feb.

Does that mean you've heard the 6's? I am just having a complex over using a sub that might be smaller than my mids...

yeah on of my friends used them a while back in his doors. Made some amazing output from the doors and created nice rattles for him. Definitely a midbass driver and i'm sure in a good ported box can give some good results. I've seen some use it in HT setups and have got some good reviews on it. I think theres a little more people on DIY forum who's used them. I'm going to be using 2 of them on the rear deck. If the number gets close i'll put in a little more to get some but we still need a few more.

So they arent ment to be a sibwoofer like the JL w0 6's?

Im trying to talk my friend into 4 for his substange in his tiburon (either fiberglass box or rplace the rear deck that seperates the hatch from the cabbin) but if they arent loud douwn to 35Hz or so...

they're much better than the JL 6W0's. I used the 6W0 before the TB 6s and they 6W0 sucked. You'll be much better off with the TB's. Midbass for me is anything up to 500-800hz. They're good down to 35hz but after than it does cut off. A ported box would help it be more efficient as a "subwoofer".