Punkeyboozter

Port area confusion.

Does aero style ports still fall in the recommended 12-16 CBF range?

Was thinking of a single 10" in a 6cbf loud daily tuned around 32-33 range or maybe 2x7"

what do you guys think?

I'd say it depends on the displacement capabilities of the driver in question, a 10" PA woofer will require less vent area than a high excursion 10" driver :)

I'd say it depends on the displacement capabilities of the driver in question, a 10" PA woofer will require less vent area than a high excursion 10" driver :)

Hey Duran,

Yeah sorry maybe i didnt word it right.

Driver is a 18 N2

port is a 10" or maybe two 7" or whatever you recon is best. Not sure if I will be able to get these sizes either but I figured best to get the port area range right first

Ive build many slot ports but only one or two low power earo style port boxes based on factory cut sheets so cant really make a educated decision. I've heard/read people say they need less but they never mention how much less.

What's the goal? SPL or an all around loud and low daily system?

To calculate the area of a circle use this equation. Area = 3.14 x diameter x diameter

You can use less port area with an Aero due to the efficiency of the port flares.

What's the goal? SPL or an all around loud and low daily system?

To calculate the area of a circle use this equation. Area = 3.14 x diameter x diameter

You can use less port area with an Aero due to the efficiency of the port flares.

Yes brp and thanks for the PM,

I know the formula but the problem is how much is enough. Goal is loud daily aka loud but still sound good.

Im starting to build the box this weekend

Was thinking one port will be ideal and two would be fine for keeping it uniform, but I will try and avoid doing a whole bunch of smaller ports in order to keep it simple.

Also by putting a bend in aero port will it affect the tuning bunch or is it too small to bother about?

When I built my box for my IA Deathrow 18" I used 4 4" Aero ports, 7ft^3 tuned to 37hz.

For your application you could go with 2 6" Aeros depending on box volume and tuning.

For an N2 18" I would opt for as close to 110^2" as possible, you can use less if you use flared ports, a minimum of 90 or so square inches.

Thanks guys, a bit contridicting info here though. Wood already picked up. Maybe ill start a build log this weekend.

The port will stick out a bit and it will be on the same face as the driver. Hope this does not cause cancelation or phase problems